Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I need help

Hello everyone, I have a 2015 ram 3500 with 6.7 I installed my mm3 kit about a year ago 5" turbo back exhaust. Out of nowhere 2 days ago left truck idling for about 30 minutes put it in drive and truck starts to run like I'm in lope mode... truck will idle fine around 1200 rpm my rail pressure is normal and boost pressure normal changed fuel and air filters and crankcase filter not sure if it's a injector issue or a transmission problem i also noticed about a week ago I opened my fuel cap and heard a suction sound now I'm at a stand still any help will be appreciated thanks

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I need help

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkaner View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a 2015 ram 3500 with 6.7 I installed my mm3 kit about a year ago 5" turbo back exhaust. Out of nowhere 2 days ago left truck idling for about 30 minutes put it in drive and truck starts to run like I'm in lope mode... truck will idle fine around 1200 rpm my rail pressure is normal and boost pressure normal changed fuel and air filters and crankcase filter not sure if it's a injector issue or a transmission problem i also noticed about a week ago I opened my fuel cap and heard a suction sound now I'm at a stand still any help will be appreciated thanks
    Welcome to the forum!!

Is the truck throwing a CEL? Even if it's not, us the MM3 to check for trouble codes and report back. Hopefully there is something in there that can help.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome friend! I agree check the MM3 for any codes. Who tuned your truck?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I got my tuner from DRD and I installed it i checked the mm3 and no codes

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Is it possible it could be something with the COV ?

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@MrCarver

Have you found out what's causing that sucking sound from the fuel cap opening?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

No I dont know why it was creating a vacuum in the fuel tank that's why I changed the fuel filters

14. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Do you think it's ok to drive it this way ... this is my work truck and need to drive it everyday

16. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

so normal idle rpm its doing a lope but at higher rpm 1200 its fine?

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

18. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yes when I start my truck it will idle rough and the whole truck shakes but once I increase rpm with my cruise control it goes away and idles normal but as soon as I press the brake and put it in drive the truck will surge like it's in lope.

It sounds like I'm missing a cylinder when driving down the road at around 1200 and when I go to increase rpm around 40mph trying to get up to 55 or more the truck feels like it wants to stall out.

20. Thanks watersupply189, Power247 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast