Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: I need help

This is going to sound basic, but try returning to stock and then retuning the truck with the MM3.

Hook up a charger to a battery when doing this.

It might not solve it but at least you will know that you are starting with a clean slate.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Is there any updates or upgrades for my mm3 tuner from Double R Diesel that I should know about.

Oh and I'm now focused more on my VGT on my turbo or the turbo itself being the issue.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkaner View Post
    Is there any updates or upgrades for my mm3 tuner from Double R Diesel that I should know about.

Oh and I'm now focused more on my VGT on my turbo or the turbo itself being the issue.
    No updates that I am aware of since the addition of the switch feature about a year ago. Normally you will see trouble codes if the turbo actuator is going bad. You may want to set your MM3 Gauge to monitor VGT actual vs commanded to see if they follow each other.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Big,

It sound to me that you may have a fuel supply/return problem. Here are a couple things to check.

Check if your lift pump is supplying fuel. To check disconnect the supply at the filter under the hood and splice a longer section of hose to a bucket. Turn the key to run and check if fuel is being pumped out. There is a timer on the pump so do not be alarmed if it shuts off.

If the fuel coming out of the line and it is foamy and you hear sucking at the fuel tank, it would lead me to think the fuel pump pick up line has a hole or not at the bottom of the tank.

If there is no fuel, lift pump is not working and check fuse under the hood. If fuse is good. Check to see if there is voltage at the tank connection for the pump.

If fuel is slightly foamy and no sucking sound is heard at the tank, reinstall and bleed the fuel line. It is not the lift pump or pick up. Once the fuel line is bleed, start the truck and check if there is still noise at fuel tank. If so, I would suspect you are returning a large amount of fuel back to the tank and the rail pressure relief valve is open.

2018 srw 3500

8. Thanks watersupply189, timshooter40, Power247 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12