Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Center Console Fitment Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Center Console Fitment Question

I'm about to order the parts to swap my e-shift transfer case for a manual shift (2013 3500, slt).

My truck has the upmodel interior, 8.4" uconnect etc, but I need to swap the center console for the floor shift 4wd style, found in a tradesman or powerwagon.

Do I have to replace the whole console, and put in the folding seat, or will the rear part of the fixed console fit with the different floor piece designed to accept the shifter for the 4wd?

I can't find a single pic of this setup from the factory, but the sizes look about right....

'13 CCSB 6.7
    DRD tuned MM3, deleted, H&S S364SXE, Steed Speed CNC manifold, 5" exhaust, Banks 3.5" intake manifold, grid heater delete, CAT fuel filters, BW44-47 swap, CAD delete w/ one piece axle, Dynatrac free spin, Detroit rear AAM/PW front e-locker, 4.88 Nitro gears, Carli Pintop 3.25", King 2.5, Carli-Deaver leaf packs, Carli radius arms, Carli steering stabilizers, 1" blocks in rear, bronze 20x10 Fuel Coverts, 38x13.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Center Console Fitment Question

Maybe modify the console to fit the manual shifter.

I remembered seeing this somewhere and found it with a quick search.

I’ve been looking at going the other way with the console but I have a G56 so the full console isn't an option.

The center console armrest part extends forward at the bottom (see below)so you’d have to swap for the center jump seat unless you did some major modification.

I was thinking about picking up the middle part, chopping the front off where it extends forward and fiber glassing a new front on.

I assume they bolt up the same but haven't confirmed. I think the back seat venting is a little different also. Those consoles are expensive so maybe some day if i run across a cheap one.

This is what I had in mind. excuse the extremely rudimentary photo edit done on my iPhone.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

3. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Center Console Fitment Question

Quote Originally Posted by mseitz24 View Post
    Maybe modify the console to fit the manual shifter.

I remembered seeing this somewhere and found it with a quick search.

I’ve been looking at going the other way with the console but I have a G56 so the full console isn't an option.

The center console armrest part extends forward at the bottom (see below)so you’d have to swap for the center jump seat unless you did some major modification.

I was thinking about picking up the middle part, chopping the front off where it extends forward and fiber glassing a new front on.

I assume they bolt up the same but haven't confirmed. I think the back seat venting is a little different also. Those consoles are expensive so maybe some day if i run across a cheap one.

This is what I had in mind. excuse the extremely rudimentary photo edit done on my iPhone.

I like that idea.

May start looking into doing that to my 11 since I have the shifter on the floor.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post