Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Broke obd2 port

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Broke obd2 port

Getting I to truck I hit my obd2 port with my efilive passthrough adapter connected breaking the obd2 casing. Passthrough is fine. And I'm stuck in stage 2 which is fine. How hard is it to replace old port? Easier with new harness, or replacing casing with existing pins?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Broke obd2 port

Quote Originally Posted by statussymbol View Post
    Getting I to truck I hit my obd2 port with my efilive passthrough adapter connected breaking the obd2 casing. Passthrough is fine. And I'm stuck in stage 2 which is fine. How hard is it to replace old port? Easier with new harness, or replacing casing with existing pins?

You can get one from a bone yard and splice it in.

Try to keep the length of the wire the same.

Solder and heat shrink ONLY!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, Aboshan liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would just order plug from dealership and then swap new plug in pin by pin. Lots of videos out the showing to remove pins from connectors.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, Aboshan liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 06ram18 View Post
    I would just order plug from dealership and then swap new plug in pin by pin. Lots of videos out the showing to remove pins from connectors.

Besides for me, how many people have the proper tools to remove the pins? I thought about this and it's a good idea. I doubt you can get the plug without the harness though. It is a good idea

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Besides for me, how many people have the proper tools to remove the pins? I thought about this and it's a good idea. I doubt you can get the plug without the harness though. It is a good idea
    You can remove pins with a push pin. I have repinned harnesses for engine swaps with said pushpin. If you cant find a connector without the harness go to junk yard cut old one out remove pins and install your pins so you dont cut your harness so you don't have to soider wires and you will have less chance of issues down the road.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Necroed sorry, I managed to do this to both my 2012 wrangler and 2016 3500

Luckily I got enough to fix both

I went to a u pull it, they didn't charge me ( I did offer ) many different Mopar use the same connector

Mine had 2 grey locks you release the grey locks by pushing out 2 grey tabs on either side. I have depinning tools as I also have a computer hobby. You also have to release the pin.

If you didn't damage the pin you can do that, without cutting the wiring. If you are interested I have a connector or 2 I can still show, but iirc no wires to show the depinning process

Note. You may need to bend out the hook that holds the pins in, after removal

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post