Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Manual swap/Allison swap

1. Top Of Page | #1

Manual swap/Allison swap

Sorry if this has been discussed or I’m not posting in the correct place. This is literally the first forum ive ever joined. I like my diesel and wanna learn more about em. I’m really considering doing a manual swap or an Allison swap into my 2010 3500 Dually. Where the heck do I begin??? As I have said I’m a new comer to diesels in general. But it seems from what I’ve gathered the weak link in this year Ram is the trans.... of course. Looked into the Allison swap through a company I won’t name. Great people who really know what they’re doing and we’re very nice, but I just can’t see putting a $12k transmission into my truck.
    Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Manual swap/Allison swap

Quote Originally Posted by Budd1984 View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed or I’m not posting in the correct place. This is literally the first forum ive ever joined. I like my diesel and wanna learn more about em. I’m really considering doing a manual swap or an Allison swap into my 2010 3500 Dually. Where the heck do I begin??? As I have said I’m a new comer to diesels in general. But it seems from what I’ve gathered the weak link in this year Ram is the trans.... of course. Looked into the Allison swap through a company I won’t name. Great people who really know what they’re doing and we’re very nice, but I just can’t see putting a $12k transmission into my truck.
    Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome friend, I’m sure someone will chime in that has done this before..

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Manual swap/Allison swap

If you can afford it do the Allison swap. Should be the last time you have to mess with it and it will be a pleasure to drive.

Manual swap is fine but if you are going to run extra power you will need to also run a performance clutch, probably a dual disc... They are noisy and somewhat annoying to drive in the city or in traffic. I had a G56 truck for several years, not going back.

6. Thanks Budd1984 thanked for this post