Re: tow mirror upgrade

and what year is your truck?

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by f18framer View Post
    did your truck come with remote start originally?
    @f18framer The build sheet doesn't specifically mention it but from the looks of the truck I'm the only one that has done any modifications to it (except for an aftermarket rear view mirror and backup camera). I think you have to have the correct module installed in the truck for it to work - I might be wrong on that, I remember something in the alphaOBD thread I linked about enabling the remote start...

I'll look and see if I can find anything.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

and what year is your truck?
    @f18framer 2010... things should be very similar to your 2012.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

@f18framer You might be able to enable remote start with alphaOBD. I can't find any specific instructions for our yr model trucks. However, I did find a thread about enabling it on a 2011 caravan, apparently it uses the same system.

https://www.chryslerminivan.net/thre...a-saga.170797/

Edit: So thinking about it, I have the tip start which requires an RF hub and that fob. This is my first Chrysler product so I have no idea if all Ram trucks in that year group had the key fobs. I think if you have that style fob you have an RF hub. Reading through that link I posted, there are some settings to change through either AlphaOBD or that other program they were using, then reprogram the keys so the WINS module knows you have the remote start button? Hopefully for you.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    @f18framer You might be able to enable remote start with alphaOBD. I can't find any specific instructions for our yr model trucks. However, I did find a thread about enabling it on a 2011 caravan, apparently it uses the same system.

https://www.chryslerminivan.net/thre...a-saga.170797/

Edit: So thinking about it, I have the tip start which requires an RF hub and that fob. This is my first Chrysler product so I have no idea if all Ram trucks in that year group had the key fobs. I think if you have that style fob you have an RF hub. Reading through that link I posted, there are some settings to change through either AlphaOBD or that other program they were using, then reprogram the keys so the WINS module knows you have the remote start button? Hopefully for you.
    i have the same key as you do. from what i have been able to see there was more than one type of RF hub. again ive been in this subject for like an hour so i may be wrong about that. in my simple mind i would think that it would just be a new key add and the program of the modual to know what the remote was telling it. ive also read that some people somehow programed a remote to start after pressing the lock buton 3 times.

10. Likes watersupply189, PullinAir liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

i have the same key as you do. from what i have been able to see there was more than one type of RF hub. again ive been in this subject for like an hour so i may be wrong about that. in my simple mind i would think that it would just be a new key add and the program of the modual to know what the remote was telling it. ive also read that some people somehow programed a remote to start after pressing the lock buton 3 times.
    @f18framer Can't hurt to try!

I suppose the worst that could happen is the remote start button would pop the trunk.

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    @f18framer Can't hurt to try!

I suppose the worst that could happen is the remote start button would pop the trunk.
    Haha for sure.

If that happened I would be surprised!

I did read though that the 3 button click thing is for that dball system.

I know that I don't have that.

I have owned this truck since it had 7 miles on it and like in one of them other posts, I have also been being a smarta$$ clicking the lock button over and over to annoy the wife with the horn an it didn't start LOL.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123