Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  75
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please change my mind!!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Please change my mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schoolbus View Post
    I understand your view point, the comment was not meant to provide further offense and it was not directed at just the respondents.

The original poster did not word his lengthy original post correctly. I do however, understand that I can be a bit brash in both written and verbal communication (22 years in the Marines will do that) so my responses had that in mind when I read his post being he was military. I have a tendency to look past the excess words and try and see the main point of the conversation in my replies.

To further your point, I have spent several months combing through websites, forums, google, and reviews to finally get to my decision. The information is out there for a diligent person to find. Again you have to be willing to read through the BS.

Obviously I settled on the fact the paywall was worth it and I understood why DRD did what he did given the climate of affairs right now. I respect him for protecting himself and his customers and he answered all of my questions in a very satisfactory way.
    The OP was called out for his behavior, then manned up with an honest apology which was summarily accepted by myself and the forums.

Military or not, young or not, we all make mistakes especially after one too many.

There are ALOT of rip-offs out there and when you find this many people, this many good people, who back one business doing what DRD does it tells me a lot more than a group of people who are so brutally loyal they have lost sight of the big picture.

There are other great vendors on these forums but one seems to stand out amongst the best.

I upgraded my tune package on a Saturday afternoon a little over a week before Christmas and I got the email with the tunes at 8:25PM Pacific Time.

@DRD is 3 hours ahead. I was able to retune my truck that night.

Ray blew me away with the service so late on a Saturday and on the holidays. That night he earned my business and respect. Very few are that dedicated.

From someone who debated many weeks over platinum membership it turned out to the best $$$ I have spent in a long time.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

2. Thanks Schoolbus, IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, Mdavlee thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Please change my mind!!

I read this whole thread and I can relate to what the original post was getting at... is the fee to join worth the benefit you will get?

I really did not know that answer when I spent the $$ but I thought that the sales pitch of "you'll get the benefit once you see the discounts".

Well... I saw the prices and in my opinion I can source parts cheaper, haven't had any customer service since I didn't need it and I chose a tuner that was much cheaper and works just fine.

I'm in the boat of pinching my pennies so price really does matter.

Would I spend the membership fee knowing what I know now...?? I doubt it... but maybe down the road I'll find some piece of info that is worth the money and then I'll see the savings.

I guess that is why I keep coming back to this website ... gotta find something that justifies my LPM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123