Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
ALCON,

I've been 'very mildly' pressured into getting a membership herein IOT get any"Real" help.

Being what I am; "the noob realist in the making" you gain better business being humble and reaching out by going "above and beyond". Anybody military will understand what I'm talking about. "Sorry civilian pukes".

I will try and dumb this down the best I can with verbage better understood irregardless of your background....

I've 'reached out for help' to 'feel out' the forum, and I am not getting the feeling I should have...

It could be that there is a lack of personnel to help.... Or it could be to the fact that (you) do not get help without the "Right membership"...

Where I come from... (And the way I was raised) you help out anyone in need irregardless...

With that being humbly as I can say; "I donated before ever even becoming a lifetime member"
I do not wish to stay in these forums because it seems biased to those who chose to be loyal "Which I love loyalty when it's right" to a prehistoric programmer which I know is good (At what he does) but lacks evolution.

I respect old-school... But when do you evolve...?

I've read and read and read and read...

It's almost idiotic not to move on to the bigger and better ready to use programming systems out there...

I talked to someone on the phone 'for roughly 20 minutes' and I learned a hole bunch about the tuning process and how advantageous it is when you are using the cloud system...

You can throw conspiracy theory all you want to demoralize cloud based application's but no matter what you say; anything else is obsolete and prehistoric compared to the new cloud based systems.

All said; please try and change my mind...

I respect all that everyone does and I'm simply making a decision that is better for my vehicle and myself.

There are 1000's of programmers it there and the best ones haven't even popular yet.

That's because of evolution...

Some might say Kareem is the best basketball player to ever live... Or Micheal Jordan...

How good would they be today when they were in their prime? They would good their own but would they stand out? Maybe...

30 years from now how good would they be? I would argue that they would 'at best' make the average... Why? Evolution...

With all said... Please tell me why I should NOT go with the new evolutionized tuner vs. someone who still uses a typewriter...

Again I respect old school! But when it comes to computers and electronics, I'll take a millennial over a baby-boomer 10/10x.

PLEASE CHANGED MY MIND!

- Iron
To the rest of forums please excuse my candor

to Iron: This is a real forum with real people who do everything they can within given limitations to provide everyone with correct information. This post comes across as you having a superior attitude and it is really quite demeaning towards everyone here who have done nothing to deserve it. Maybe if you try talking to these people with like a decent person who seeks information you may actually get some. Some of the reactions here still tried to help REGARDLESS of your behavior. That is a testament to the quality of people here you refuse to get to know.

Honestly, it sounds like you have already made up your mind you are just trolling for what you feel are lame attempts at trying to change your mind or its a sorry excuse not to pony up for the membership. You say you respect old school to the point everyone here knows better. You have a right to your own opinions and no one here will say different. You say evolution like it is ALWAYS a good thing. No one thing in this life ever is. As far as tuning, have fun going cloud based and see what you get and most importantly have the brass to tell us one way or the other and be honest about it. There is only so much that can be done to these engines given the programming they have. The smart thing is to go with the solid and proven tune that has shown over time to be reliable and clean. At most your evolutionary tuner will yield 2-3% better results and given the cost of repairs if that tune causes problems its a no-brainer.

You talked with someone on the phone for 20 minutes and now you are convinced. Funny you never mentioned anything about that person's knowledge or background. He must have been one hell of a salesman. Good luck.