Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust!! Err!!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust!! Err!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    Short story even shorter, I've decided I want to run a axle dump but I CAN'T STAND the idea of not running twins!

I know it is utterly useless 'and laugh if you will I willn't take offense' but I cannot stand 1 exhaust...

If anything it's for looks/sound?

Is it possible/logical to run a duals like this?

I haven't seen it done yet but I like the idea 'even if it is a waste of hard earned money' of doing this.

I'll take cover now to avoid incoming food being thrown at me!

- Iron

I have had duals and stacks on a few old 2nd gen Cummins.

Not sure if you are wanting to delete your truck or not. However there are plenty of people that make and sell a DPF back dual kit. A friend of mine just installed one. he did a delete pipe a year or so ago when he deleted.

He found a good price on a dual kit and put it on. it hooked up right at the connection above the axle/tail pipe section. the sound will not really be anything if the truck is stock.

It will sound good deleted. but his sounds crazy with a whistle tune out of duals.

Its different tho cause there are a lot of harmonics coming out of it. he finally put 2 small straight thru design resonators on his truck and it sounds good.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Have you thought about how you'll get over the drive shaft? You have a fuel tank in the way. After the axle is a bear as it is, but can be done there.

Another mod that looks cool, but impractical. Don't do it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Polaraco;174981]Have you thought about how you'll get over the drive shaft? You have a fuel tank in the way. After the axle is a bear as it is, but can be done there.

Another mod that looks cool, but impractical. Don't do it[/QUOTE

? the DPF or tail pipe back dual kits don't come anywhere close to the drive shaft. I say its your truck and do what you want. I do suggest listening on you-boob on some trucks that have duals. you wont find many 4th gens with duals tho

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=DIESELWRKS;175075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Have you thought about how you'll get over the drive shaft? You have a fuel tank in the way. After the axle is a bear as it is, but can be done there.

Another mod that looks cool, but impractical. Don't do it[/QUOTE

? the DPF or tail pipe back dual kits don't come anywhere close to the drive shaft. I say its your truck and do what you want. I do suggest listening on you-boob on some trucks that have duals. you wont find many 4th gens with duals tho
    You're right. That's what I was referring to aft the axle

I was talking about the axle dump. I fail to see any way of safely doing it there. You could be too close to the tank. You really don't want to go under the tank either. While the pipes don't get as hot as a gasser, they are still hot enough while driving. There isn't a good place to cross over without interfering with something.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12