Thread: Highway Shake

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Highway Shake

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Which Coopers are you running?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    AT3 XLT

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

2. Thanks watersupply189, jgruberman thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    Same story here. Each set of Nitto and Toyo I had on I took to mupltiple different tire shops each time thinking that the last shop didn’t do a proper road force balance on them but no one could ever get them to balance right. The last shop I used had a machine that used a laser to measured the tire for roundness, every tire was out of round. They had another machine that spun the wheel and tire wile it was on the truck and shaved off a thin layer of tread until the tire was trued. After that it rode smooth for a wile but the vibrations came back.

I put a set of BFG ATs on they rode and drove great with no vibration at all, I just didn’t get very good mileage out them. So far the Cooper’s are working out great. They look good mounted on the truck to.
    It was great to hear someone else going thru the same battle. I thought I was going crazy or being over pickey LOL...
    The thing that drove me crazy was there was no rhyme or reason other than the rotations triggering things. Plus there are times it feels good and times it starts to shake badly in the same stretch of interstate while driving the same speed.

Glad to hear your experience with the BF all terains. My last experience was on a 1/2 ton truck with IFS and the wear was great on that truck. Completely different situation though with the Cummins.

I'm going to fight thru this set for a little bit since they have some good life left. I'm going to add the coopers to my list of possible replacements. Glad to hear you like them so far!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

AT3 XLT
    Awesome! Do you have a pic of them mounted? I absolutely agree that the look sells... that's part of my want of them. But I may need to change my preferences for the sake of ride quality. How has the life of them been for you?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Awesome! Do you have a pic of them mounted? I absolutely agree that the look sells... that's part of my want of them. But I may need to change my preferences for the sake of ride quality. How has the life of them been for you?

I don't know if this pic dose it justice but they look really good to me.

I've got around 20k miles on them now and they still look new, I think I'm going to get a good service life out of them. I would note that they do have a softer feel in the steering wheel when you first put them on, I guess the Nitto and Toyos do have a stiffer sidewall so the Cooper do have a different driving feel.

At first I didn't like it but after about 3 days of driving I got use to them and love the way it drives now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

8. Thanks jgruberman, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I dont know if this pic dose it justice but they look really good to me. I've got around 20k miles on them now and they still look new, I think I'm going to get a good service life out of them. I would note that they do have a softer feel in the steering wheel when you first put them on, I guess the Nitto and Toyos do have a stiffer sidewall so the Cooper do have a different driving feel. At first I didn't like it but after about 3 days of driving I got use to them and love the way it drives now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb36a0c112.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah they do look pretty good.

I think the wheels will help the overall look of the tire in general, yours definitely look good together.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I got rid of my Nitto’s and bought Falken Wildpeak AT3W
    So far this is the best tire I’ve had for traction in snow and mud and they were way cheaper than Nitto and Toyo tires.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I bought a set of Cooper AT3s when they first came out and had a 50,000 mile warranty. I put them on a 03 F250 Diesel for price and advice given by my local tire shop. I would have been happy to get 40,000 out of them from past tire experience on diesel trucks. Diesels are heavy and have enough torque where my experience the rear tires actually wear faster from the small amount of slip when pulling out.

I got 55,000 miles out of them. I rotated every 5,000 miles and they were only balanced when first installed. Had winter not been coming on and a $70 rebate, they could have went a little longer. I have bought 4 more sets of Coopers since that first set and had excellent results from every set. I have Toyo AT 2 on my truck now due to the fact that Cooper didn't have 285-75-18 that I'm running on stock wheels when I needed tires. They now have that size and will be what replaces the Toyos.

My Toyos have 20,000 miles on them and are half worn with regular rotation. 50 psi front, 45 rear unloaded. A buddy at work with the same tire has the shake and I have it from 70-80 mph.

I don't know if it is the tire and the Toyos look good but Coopers will be the next set. They have also upped the mileage to 55,000 since I bought my first set.

I think they're also American made in Ohio which is a plus for me too.

14. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

The AT3s also performed excellent in snow and light offroad farming in mud and hay fields. Torque in a dry hayfield is like driving on ice.

16. Thanks watersupply189, jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I got rid of my Nitto’s and bought Falken Wildpeak AT3W
    So far this is the best tire I’ve had for traction in snow and mud and they were way cheaper than Nitto and Toyo tires.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f88595e919.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c089dc9e7d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d307d2ff27.jpg

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    How is the road noise and vibration(in contrast to my current issue)?

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

How is the road noise and vibration(in contrast to my current issue)?

Zero road noise and absolutely no vibration

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

20. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast