Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  114
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Highway Shake

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Highway Shake

I’ve had 3 different sets of Toyo and Nitto tires and had this issue with every set. Put a set of Cooper AT3 XLT’s on and it rides smooth as stock at any speed. No more Toyo or Nitto for me.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    I’ve had 3 different sets of Toyo and Nitto tires and had this issue with every set. Put a set of Cooper AT3 XLT’s on and it rides smooth as stock at any speed. No more Toyo or Nitto for me.
    You had general vibrations with all those sets? At what speed? What size?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Also, do you think it's just those brands? Ideally I'd like a decently aggressive tread but I don't want to go overkill if I don't need to. I do some offroad/mud hauling/pulling

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I’ve had a shake that bad at a couple speeds when I lost wheel weights. I never had that issue with any Toyo tires. I’ve had 6 sets now of the AT and RT in several different sizes. The Cooper STT pro I have right now on my F250 feel a little soft even at 75 lbs in the front. Same 125 load index as the RT I replaced.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    What year is it? If it were me I'd start with the basics. Get the tires balanced, aligned and u-joints checked and then go from there.
    This^^^. I had the same issue and an alignment fixed it. The tell tale sign was the way the edges of the tires were wearing. The leading edhe was higher than the trailing edge. Once aligned, it did take a while for the tires to wear down properly.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I have also tried 2 sets of Nitto Ridge grapplers. The first set I brought on my own. Everytime I would rotate them if I didnt have them road force balanced the truck would shake at Hwy speeds. The second set I purchased thru Discount tire just for the fact that I get free rotation and balance. They are the same way they vibrate if they are not balanced at each rotation. I know becase I have twice had them rotate the new set with out balance just as a test.

On my last truck I ran the same size tire 35x12.50 R18 but nothing but BF goodrich 2 sets of all terain and 1 set of Mud terrain I never had to have them rebalanced after any rotation.

Just my observation. The only reason I switched to the Nitto is because 1 they got good reviews when I purchased them and 2 I wanted and aggresive sidewall look like the Mud terains I had without the road noise. They seemed to fit those requirements very well. Iooks like I am going to go back to the BF goodrich all terain or try a cooper next go around. I have coopers on my other cars and are happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    You had general vibrations with all those sets? At what speed? What size?

yep every one of them. I would get the shakeing with all of them at 65mph and up. All 3 set were 12.5x35-18.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    I have also tried 2 sets of Nitto Ridge grapplers. The first set I brought on my own. Everytime I would rotate them if I didnt have them road force balanced the truck would shake at Hwy speeds. The second set I purchased thru Discount tire just for the fact that I get free rotation and balance. They are the same way they vibrate if they are not balanced at each rotation. I know becase I have twice had them rotate the new set with out balance just as a test.

On my last truck I ran the same size tire 35x12.50 R18 but nothing but BF goodrich 2 sets of all terain and 1 set of Mud terrain I never had to have them rebalanced after any rotation.

Just my observation. The only reason I switched to the Nitto is because 1 they got good reviews when I purchased them and 2 I wanted and aggresive sidewall look like the Mud terains I had without the road noise. They seemed to fit those requirements very well. Iooks like I am going to go back to the BF goodrich all terain or try a cooper next go around. I have coopers on my other cars and are happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Same story here. Each set of Nitto and Toyo I had on I took to mupltiple different tire shops each time thinking that the last shop didn’t do a proper road force balance on them but no one could ever get them to balance right. The last shop I used had a machine that used a laser to measured the tire for roundness, every tire was out of round. They had another machine that spun the wheel and tire wile it was on the truck and shaved off a thin layer of tread until the tire was trued. After that it rode smooth for a wile but the vibrations came back.

I put a set of BFG ATs on they rode and drove great with no vibration at all, I just didn’t get very good mileage out them. So far the Cooper’s are working out great. They look good mounted on the truck to.

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Same story here. Each set of Nitto and Toyo I had on I took to mupltiple different tire shops each time thinking that the last shop didn’t do a proper road force balance on them but no one could ever get them to balance right. The last shop I used had a machine that used a laser to measured the tire for roundness, every tire was out of round. They had another machine that spun the wheel and tire wile it was on the truck and shaved off a thin layer of tread until the tire was trued. After that it rode smooth for a wile but the vibrations came back.

I put a set of BFG ATs on they rode and drove great with no vibration at all, I just didn’t get very good mileage out them. So far the Cooper’s are working out great. They look good mounted on the truck to.
    Which Coopers are you running?

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Also, do you think it's just those brands? Ideally I'd like a decently aggressive tread but I don't want to go overkill if I don't need to. I do some offroad/mud hauling/pulling

Based on my experience I absolutely do believe that. Toyo is the parent company of Nitto, so I’m sure the engineering and manufacturing techniques are very similar between both companies. The Toyo/Nitto certainly have a more aggressive look, but I believe they sacrifice some performance elements to get the aggressive looks. The aggressive “look” sells, right. That is purely my opinion/speculation though.

19. Likes allbizns, watersupply189, jgruberman liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast