Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gear forged possible problem ? What would you do ???

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New gear forged possible problem ? What would you do ???

So I had a local ram dealer install a 6" lift and mount and balance 22x14 with 37 13.50 22's on my17 2500 , lift went no problem but tpms install went bad if you ask me , They went through 12 breaking them trying to pull them through the hole , The mechanic told me he had to drill out the holes larger ….on my brand new forged wheels....without checking with me first....im guessing since they were modified there goes my warranty....What would you guys/girls do , I haven't picked it up or payed for anything yet , They also said 1-2 days now day 4 and still not done , Thanks.

2. Thanks watersupply189, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New gear forged possible problem ? What would you do ???

Quote Originally Posted by mikemann0 View Post
    So I had a local ram dealer install a 6" lift and mount and balance 22x14 with 37 13.50 22's on my17 2500 , lift went no problem but tpms install went bad if you ask me , They went through 12 breaking them trying to pull them through the hole , The mechanic told me he had to drill out the holes larger ….on my brand new forged wheels....without checking with me first....im guessing since they were modified there goes my warranty....What would you guys/girls do , I haven't picked it up or payed for anything yet , They also said 1-2 days now day 4 and still not done , Thanks.
    Tell them since they drilled without your consent then they just bought your wheels for you.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes AnOldBiker, 6.7 Coal Train, Sisupower liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikemann0 View Post
    I'm sure whatever wheels you got also come with a tire pressure sensor that is specific to the wheels. If someone drilled my wheels without me giving the go ahead I would make them buy a new set of wheels. They pretty much bought that set from you when they opened the holes bigger.

Honestly when I used to put aftermarket wheels on cars and the tire pressure monitors didn't fit, I called the customer and told them the citation and just installed regular valve stems if the customer wasn't willing to buy the sensors that fit the appropriate wheel.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I appreciate the quick response , That's kinda what I was thinking , If they called me I would have gotten them the correct sensors , I was'nt even given chance to get it right , I was a tech in the past and I would have never done that , I'm really needing my truck back as I'm supposed to leave tomorrow on a camping trip , should have had it back 2 days ago , 1 call to them and they said no money for bill no truck --- Now what ?

8. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong I want to pay for the lift and other services rendered but I'm not happy at all about the wheels...

10. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Should of came with correction Bolt pattern as well as lug stud opening diameter to meet requirements for vehicle specified. Sounds like a wheel they had and made the openings larger.

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

12. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Offsets View Post
    Should of came with correction Bolt pattern as well as lug stud opening diameter to meet requirements for vehicle specified. Sounds like a wheel they had and made the openings larger.
    They had to open the valve stem hole not the bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

14. Likes AK Bob, AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Offsets View Post
    Do you not read the post??

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes AnOldBiker, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I'm sure whatever wheels you got also come with a tire pressure sensor that is specific to the wheels. If someone drilled my wheels without me giving the go ahead I would make them buy a new set of wheels. They pretty much bought that set from you when they opened the holes bigger.

Honestly when I used to put aftermarket wheels on cars and the tire pressure monitors didn't fit, I called the customer and told them the citation and just installed regular valve stems if the customer wasn't willing to buy the sensors that fit the appropriate wheel.
    I very very much agree.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

18. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Haha, I apologize, had a lot of literature on the screen at once and misread.

Very interesting that they were having issues with the valve-stem holes!

Could of been a flaw in machining.

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast