Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Tune me in!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Tune me in!

Sorry! I had to!

Please bare with me I'm new!

I’ve researched and researched and hopefully I’m not making someone mad by asking something that has been answered 100x over.

I need to get a tuner for this truck ASAP. Warranty ran out 6,300 mi. ago "And some change" and as we know it’s just a matter of time before all of the erroneous EPA enforced ECD’s soot up our trucks!

I have a small prioritized list of work I'm wanting to have done "Nothing crazy" before I start the bulletproofing process.

Here's what I had in mind and please, please chime in and help me out because I'm new to this!

Tuner:
    MM3/EZ/EFi/MM3/CTT?

Deletes:
    EGR
    CCV
    Grid heater
    Intake muffler

After I am done conducting CPR on my truck I would like to start bulletproofing.

ST Goal: Save vehicles life
    LT Goal: Extend vehicles life
    Getting better gas mileage always a big plus and I believe that'll be attainable with a few more pulling ponies...

With all said, can I get a recommendation on a good setup to use? It would be nice to be able to run in through my cellphone/iPad etc. but I don't know if that's recommended?

I've heard Ray is amazing and I would like to use whatever he recommends based off of the goals etc.

Sorry for the long post!

TYVM ALCON!

-Iron

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tune me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    Sorry! I had to!

I’ve researched and researched and hopefully I’m not making someone mad by asking something that has been answered 100x over.

I need to get a tuner for this truck ASAP. Warranty ran out 6,300 mi. ago "And some change" and as we know it’s just a matter of time before all of the erroneous EPA enforced ECD’s soot up our trucks!

I have a small prioritized list of work I'm wanting to have done "Nothing crazy" before I start the bulletproofing process.

Here's what I had in mind and please, please chime in and help me out because I'm new to this!

Tuner:
    MM3/EZ/EFi/MM3/CTT?

Deletes:
    EGR
    CCV
    Grid heater
    Intake muffler

After I am done conducting CPR on my truck I would like to start bulletproofing.

Getting better gas mileage always a big plus and I believe that'll be attainable with a few more pulling ponies...

With all said, can I get a recommendation on a good setup to use? It would be nice to be able to run in through my cellphone/iPad etc. but I don't know if that's recommended?

I've heard Ray is amazing and I would like to use whatever he recommends based off of the goals etc.

Sorry for the long post!

TYVM ALCON!

-Iron

Becoming a lifetime member definitely has advantages here friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Becoming a lifetime member definitely has advantages here friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    Sorry! I had to!

Tuner:
    MM3/EZ/EFi/MM3/CTT?

Deletes:
    EGR
    CCV
    Grid heater
    Intake muffler

Sorry for the long post!

TYVM ALCON!

-Iron

You've got a solid list there. From a straight up longevity standpoint I'd say you could skip the CCV delete and just change the filter every 40k or so. Could also skip messing with the grid heater but you should pull the intake horn and give it a good cleaning. Once you get the other things on your list done you will be good to go.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    You've got a solid list there. From a straight up longevity standpoint I'd say you could skip the CCV delete and just change the filter every 40k or so. Could also skip messing with the grid heater but you should pull the intake horn and give it a good cleaning. Once you get the other things on your list done you will be good to go.

Greg
    X2 on this

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

10. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

I have had 2 2018 6.7 cummins tuned by Ray. I will say I do like the tunes, and the mm3. There's a few options I wish I had with the mm3, that it doesnt come with but all in all im content. Now here's exactly what I do to my trucks to keep them running good, efficient, and clean..

CCV reroute- about 30 bucks. Keeps the oil and gasses from entering your turbo. I personally dont want that stuff inside of my turbski. Takes 10 minutes if that to install depending on if you want a catch can or not.

Complete egr/DPF system delete- mine was about 300 bucks for the 5" straight and the egr delete. I'm cheap and also broke (LOL) but I found my deletes on craigslist brand new.

Tuning by DRD- you're not going to find Ray's customer service anywhere. I've messaged the poor guy at 11 pm and he has responded within minutes.

Throttle valve delete- deletes the little butterfly valve. You can either unplug or delete the entire thing. I opted to delete, since it came with my egr kit that was 50 bucks on ebay

I believe I have a bit more done... but for now that would be a solid goal for you. Clean everything up that you can while you're in there and you'll be good to go.

Even if you fall on your face you're still moving forward! 2018 ram 2500 sport edition deleted but otherwise stock

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    X2 on this
    Thanks gents! I thought I was getting the cold shoulder not becoming a lifetime member inside of the first few hours of being here. Thought I'd recon a little first vs rushing in.

Thanks for the wisdom to those who contributed.

- Iron

14. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Grid heater delete/relocation is something I’ll be doing eventually. I haven't seen it mentioned here but there’s been some serious issues with the stock setup. There’s a VERY long thread about it on another forum but the video below sums it up. The video goes into a workaround on a stock truck but there’s aftermarket grid heaters you can get if you’re deleted that mount in place of the throttle valve. Living in WI it’s probably best to have some type of intake heater in place. If you’re down south it’s probably less of an issue and i’m not a tuner but assume something could be done to disable the system completely.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post