Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lift pump Suggestions

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lift pump Suggestions

Ok so I have been looking up parts to create my build list. Now I currently have the Raptor lift pump seen here: http://www.pureflowairdog.com/raptor.php

Ok Says it can flow up to 100gph. I don't think that is accurate at all. With my truck now cutting out at higher RPM with my tuner I'm suspecting a fuel issue. Not to mention I have been wanting to get a little higher GPH.

So what are your thoughts on a lift pump higher than 100gph on a stock engine? At the moment all that is done is a cold air intake, and stacks, along with the edge juice with attitude. I was looking at the FASS here:http://www.fassride.com/shop/fuel-ai...ium-series.php But it looks like they only offer a 95 gph for a stock motor. So I'm not sure if I should go that direction or not. What would you all suggest???

2. Likes sladek03 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Get a fass 150 it don't matter if your still stock I just means it will have more fuel returning to the tank that your not using
    It will not hurt anything

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

FASS Titanium 150

5. Likes sladek03 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I run a fass 150 pretty happy

7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I was leaning to the FASS but wanted to see if there were any others out there that might fit my needs better.

Now what about injection pumps?? Would there be a reason that my injection pump is going bad?? The story behind that is supposedly the previous owner had the injection pump replaced when he added the new lift pump. The factory vp went out as usual and he had the raptor and a new one installed. I'm still sorting out my missing and popping problem and I have it down to something in the fuel system. So its either the injection pump or the lift pump. I put a new filter in and it helped a little but it is still there under heavy load. I have my psi sensor for my Edge on order and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Till then I'm working with worst case scenario. I hear a lot about these hot rod lift pumps?? what are they??

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

A bad lift pump will kill your injection pump quickly. This is why a fuel pressure gauge is so important on these trucks.

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A dying VP44 injection pump is usually due to inadequate fuel supply, as fuel is what is used to cool and lubricate the injection pump. The lift pump from the factory is inadequate at delivering the amount of fuel specified by both Bosch and cummins.
    A fuel pressure gauge will give you answers as to your problem. Too little fuel can cause popping when a performance module demands more than stock fueling. Have you tried unhooking your edge or turning it down?

Hot rod pumps are modified VP44 injection pumps, not lift pumps. I would not recommend anything besides an SO VP44 (factory on 5-speed and auto trucks) if you want up to 650hp. If you want more than 650hp, a monster pump or p-pump conversion is the way to go.

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

When I turn it down to stock its fine no issues. Only on lvl 3 4 5 will it miss and pop at wot about 2500 rpm. if I ease into it then there is no problem. So I'm thinking the injection pump is having issues not sure. As soon as I get my PSI sensor then I should be able to give a little more info. What should I look for to know if the pump is getting the proper psi?

I was just wondering if the hot rod injection pump would be a replacement for the factory vp or if it was a modified.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Modified pump

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

12. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Go fass air dogs tend to fall apart and ruin the injection pump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast