Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: EGR delete question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR delete question

I just finished my delete kit... on the cooler side the back block off plate has a threaded hole in the center. There was no information as to what goes there and obviously something does... anyone know what goes there??

2007 Ram 3500 6.7
    I installed the GDP EGR kit...

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR delete question

Someone may chime in and correct me but.... I believe you can install an EGT probe in there if you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

3. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRMAYHEM View Post
    Someone may chime in and correct me but.... I believe you can install an EGT probe in there if you wanted.

That is what I was seeing in the forums... but are you supposed to put a bolt in it if you don't have the probe? Seems like its bleeding air/exhaust ALOT...

5. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhkendrick View Post
    I just finished my delete kit... on the cooler side the back block off plate has a threaded hole in the center. There was no information as to what goes there and obviously something does... anyone know what goes there??

2007 Ram 3500 6.7
    I installed the GDP EGR kit...
    Yes it's for a egt prob should have with a plug to seal it off if not being used mine did it takes a Allen head wrench to remove or install ( mine was installed from factory)

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    Yes it's for a egt prob should have with a plug to seal it off if not being used mine did it takes a Allen head wrench to remove or install ( mine was installed from factory)

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires
    Mine however was not a GDP brand. I thought they all came with them though, maybe not

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I believe it’s 1/8 inch National Pipe Thread. It does need to be plugged off if not used for EGT probe.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Make sure you use some thread tape on it when you put it in to seal it.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post