Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  82
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRD TUNES! PROOF THEY RUN CLEAN!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DRD TUNES! PROOF THEY RUN CLEAN!

Ok so Friday the 13th I got the dreaded letter in the mail it's time for your truck to pass emissions.

So at that point, as I'm fully deleted and have a 4" straight pipe exhaust, I was immediately concerned what the outcome would be.

Also, I live in C.T. so anyone reading this you should be safe.

Took the truck into the shop today they through it through there load test and bam all set I passed, that was with the mm3 set to the 30HP setting.

Here is a picture of what's tolerable and where the tune came in at.

So clean thanks ray for the best around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191214_095313.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	9706

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 33,11.5x20 tis wheels,fully deleted, s&b intake, ccv reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: DRD TUNES! PROOF THEY RUN CLEAN!

@DRD this is great work!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Old ... But Still Here ! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

This proves it helps emissions, and this proves the "EPA want's vehicles to pollute the environment" by keeping it stock and making aftermarket products illegal.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes, great news indeed.

Not sure if it helped either but I did just do an oil change and new fuel filters right before I went there but I'd say it's all in the tune.

That was my Christmas present a clean bill of health.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 33,11.5x20 tis wheels,fully deleted, s&b intake, ccv reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

They just want us to breath piss and ride on batteries on the west coast, not all people on the west coast just most.

Mine don't pee no more.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Here to protect and serve! watersupply189's Avatar

User Info Menu

Dang that’s great news!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins (DRD), G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights ,35W HID headlights, Lund Attitude Steps w/Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x11.50R18 Falken Wildpeak, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
    2019 Dodge Charger 392 Scatpack Plus

Past- 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Lone-Star Eco Diesel

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

How did they do the test?

Engine RPM shows 1100 on the paper, is that is high as they run it up?

If I remember correctly Colorado does a full throttle pull then adds resistance and measures.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I believe so he strapped it down on the machine and ran through what sounded like 4 gears out of 6 and the rpm didn't seem to be to high, he did however do the blip of the throttle pedal to check for smoke as well.

I know when I have the tune set at the 200HP setting and I bill the throttle it will cough out a cloud, but it was on the 30 hp setting.

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Wow, so no visual inspection of any kind in CT?

Considering the straight pipe and mods in your sig that would get denied regardless of test results in states I'm familiar with.

Anyway, wish the left coast was that enlightened.

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast