Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racemeultra factory tunes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Racemeultra factory tunes

How’s it going guys, new member here and also new to Cummins.

I recently installed the racemeultra tuner on my 2016 6.7 3500 and “deleted” the truck by unplugging the egr, throttle valve connector and removing the plunger, not actually blocking everything off yet.

I’m in the process of installing a 5” turbo back exhaust and after a little driving and figuring things out I will go ahead and block everything off and do it the proper way.

I was leaning towards the sinister kit, but thought I would ask for suggestions. I’m leaning towards better mpg and every now and then blowing a bit of smoke?

I bought the tuner from raceme.com and has the factory tunes it came with.

I can’t seem to find any reviews on these tunes, do any of y’all have any experience with them and are they pretty good?

I’ve read a lot of posts that go with DRD tunes but not much on the raceme tunes.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Racemeultra factory tunes

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    How’s it going guys, new member here and also new to Cummins. I recently installed the racemeultra tuner on my 2016 6.7 3500 and “deleted” the truck by unplugging the egr, throttle valve connector and removing the plunger, not actually blocking everything off yet. I’m in the process of installing a 5” turbo back exhaust and after a little driving and figuring things out I will go ahead and block everything off and do it the proper way. I was leaning towards the sinister kit, but thought I would ask for suggestions. I’m leaning towards better mpg and every now and then blowing a bit of smoke ? I bought the tuner from raceme.com and has the factory tunes it came with. I can’t seem to find any reviews on these tunes, do any of y’all have any experience with them and are they pretty good? I’ve read a lot of posts that go with DRD tunes but not much on the raceme tunes. Thanks in advance for any help!
    I have the RaceME Ultra.

If you wanna blow smoke the performance and race tunes will give you some smoke but it cleans up pretty quick.

MPG wise the race tune will give the best but the torque converter lock is alil to aggressive for me for city driving so I keep mine on performance.

I averaged around 17mpg with 22x12s on 33s with 68RFE and 3.42s.

I wish I would have just went with efi live which is what I plan to switch to after the first of the year.

You can also do the advanced tuning and change the settings in the tune.

I:ve never messed with any of that, drivability wise the 3rd tune drives the best but the mpgs arnt as good as the bigger tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input.

17 sounds pretty good compared to my 12.

Don’t remember if mine has performance though.

It has stock, tow, street, race and can’t remember the other one.

Might be performance LOL I run 35s so I’m guessing that won’t help much with the mpg either but anything helps.

Why efi live? not liking the RaceME much?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The box tunes on the Ultra leave a lot to be desired.

The trans tuning is horrible and sometimes the box tunes cause trouble surging.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input, 17 sounds pretty good compared to my 12. Don’t remember if mine has performance though. It has stock, tow, street, race and can’t remember the other one. Might be performance LOL I run 35s so I’m guessing that won’t help much with the mpg either but anything helps. Why efi live? not liking the race me much?
    I don’t like the trans tunes and there’s not many people that writes tunes for the RaceME/MM3.

I’ve road in a few trucks with hardway tunes and it’s a night and day difference in drivability.

I’m about to switch to 35s myself and I’m worried about getting 14 again LOL.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

By horrible trans running do u mean ride wise or breaking stuff?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Dang thought I went good going with the raceme, just have to play it by ear and keep looking around for better tunes.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The shifting is horrible and never can make it's mine up what gear it's in, but after custom-tuned that all went away.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Idk how to explain it, it’s just weird but if you are looking for just a delete it works.

I’ve had mine on my truck for about 10,000 miles and it been good, I just rode/ drove a truck with custom tunes and was like mine sucks LOL.

I pulled about 6,000 lbs 340 miles only stopped to check straps and stretch on the tow tune and it did fine and got 19 mpg hand calculated so it does what it need to do there’s just better options.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

DRD for custom tunes or what would y’all suggest?

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast