Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Time to take the plunge

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Time to take the plunge

So from what I understand I need to become a platinum lifetime member then I can contact Double R and proceed with my purchase correct?

Going to buy the complete package.

Any recommendations?

Are all the tunes the same?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Time to take the plunge

Quote Originally Posted by Goldguy5 View Post
    So from what I understand I need to become a platinum lifetime member then I can contact Double R and proceed with my purchase correct?

Going to buy the complete package.

Any recommendations?

Are all the tunes the same?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Correct friend.

Tunes are based on your VIN and mods.

God bless,
    igotacummins

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Okay.

Full delete, 5 in turbo back edge and bulldog tuning ( I didn’t tune the truck ) S&B cold air.

Revtech valve body and billet triple disc torque converter laying in the shop ready to go in when the new tuning is applied.

6. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I bought similar deletes as well (before going LPM) ... I did buy the LPM from here thinking I would get a cost savings on a tuner but so far I'm not finding pricing any better than I can source locally. If you just want forum access the "free" membership is fine. If you want tunes from the guy here then the only way to even see pricing is to go LPM. "IF" you buy a tuner from here then it is worth it... If you don't then I'm still not sure the $100 LPM is worth it... just my opinion. I've gone through most of the forums and the information in there is basically posted in every Cummins forum website.

8. Thanks Goldguy5 thanked for this post
    Likes Goldguy5, GrowingSouthFarms liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I guess the big question is what separates Double R’s tunes from the competition?

I would think in this EPA crisis race tunes 175 200 250 hp dependable and efficient tunes are going to get valuable.

I have a snap on guy that gave me an article to read that said by 2020 for every truck in America will have EPA back on it and if it does not first first offense $5000 fine second $10,000 fine it also read under the inspection if it did not pass inspection it would be in pounded and only released when it did pass inspection.

Now you’re probably thinking along the same lines as I am that’s like the Democrats saying they’re gonna take our guns good luck there’s just too many of them but I guess only the people that are in this Diesel tune business know the answer.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I personally don’t care where you guys get your tunes. The LPM is well worth the money and you won’t find a better tune anywhere else. The customer service and support is the best in the industry.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Thanks timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes InlineSix.7, timshooter40, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goldguy5 View Post
    I guess the big question is what separates Double R’s tunes from the competition?
    I think any opinion here (being DRD's site basically) is going to be very one sided. Lot's of information on other forums that may help you form a more balanced opinion. They seem to be one of the top tuners but there may be reason to choose something different for a variety of reasons. Tuning, trans tuning, tune updates, tuning platform, etc. Kind of hard to weigh through it all because a lot is personal preference and this site being hidden behind a membership (which is silly) doesn't help anyone trying to do research on who to go with.

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    I think any opinion here (being DRD's site basically) is going to be very one sided. Lot's of information on other forums that may help you form a more balanced opinion. They seem to be one of the top tuners but there may be reason to choose something different for a variety of reasons. Tuning, trans tuning, tune updates, tuning platform, etc. Kind of hard to weigh through it all because a lot is personal preference and this site being hidden behind a membership (which is silly) doesn't help anyone trying to do research on who to go with.
    This is our site and sir if you think it's silly then can we ask why you are here?

Why complain?

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Thanks AK Bob, timshooter40 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I personally don’t care where you guys get your tunes. The LPM is well worth the money and you won’t find a better tune anywhere else. The customer service and support is the best in the industry.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I totally agree and 2nd this!!!

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

16. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Power247 liked this post