Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Service elec brake system

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service elec brake system

So yesterday when I started the truck I got a message in the display " Service electric brake system" The ABS and traction dash lights are on. Also both front and rear parking sensors LED's are on and system is inop. Cruse control will not set. Truck still doing same thing after leaving work. Never had any issues before. MM3 is not showing any DTC's. Other then heading to the dealer, not sure where to look. Truck still has warranty, but is deleted. Any one else have this issue and what was the outcome ?

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

2. Thanks watersupply189, Hootie thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service elec brake system

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    So yesterday when I started the truck I got a message in the display " Service electric brake system" The ABS and traction dash lights are on. Also both front and rear parking sensors LED's are on and system is inop. Cruse control will not set. Truck still doing same thing after leaving work. Never had any issues before. MM3 is not showing any DTC's. Other then heading to the dealer, not sure where to look. Truck still has warranty, but is deleted. Any one else have this issue and what was the outcome ?
    My front and rear sensors are inop during freezing wet weather. Also my emergency brake light will stay on when it’s really cold. I have to reach down and pull up on the E-brake to get the light to turn off.
    Has it been really cold and wet when this started to happen?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

it was real cold then we got a bunch of rain. The sensors have always acted up when covered by ice, but the past two days the temps were above freezing and same issues.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

it was real cold then we got a bunch of rain. The sensors have always acted up when covered by ice, but the past two days the temps were above freezing and same issues.
    If your truck is still under warranty I would let them try to diagnose the issue. Hopefully it’s nothing major.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    If your truck is still under warranty I would let them try to diagnose the issue. Hopefully it’s nothing major.

Truck is still under warranty. (- the deleted stuff) This morning all the issues went away. not sure whats up

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Truck is still under warranty. (- the deleted stuff) This morning all the issues went away. not sure whats up
    Maybe it was just a freak one time thing hopefully.

10. Thanks northstarfire0693 thanked for this post
    Likes northstarfire0693 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Maybe it was just a freak one time thing hopefully.

Man I hope so. Don't have time with my schedule to hand at dealer lot.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@northstarfire0693 I can pretty much tell you exactly what it is. ABS module and hydraulic control unit needs replacing. Do a google search, thread search on here, etc, dozens of hits. It's very common to Chrysler, just something they have yet to figure out I guess. Honestly I can't believe it's not a recall. Once it alarms, if you roll into the dealer and don't shut your truck off, they'll be able to plug into your truck and pull up the exact code. This is what happened to me, and it took then a day to fix it. Good luck!

14. Thanks watersupply189, northstarfire0693 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    @northstarfire0693 I can pretty much tell you exactly what it is. ABS module and hydraulic control unit needs replacing. Do a google search, thread search on here, etc, dozens of hits. It's very common to Chrysler, just something they have yet to figure out I guess. Honestly I can't believe it's not a recall. Once it alarms, if you roll into the dealer and don't shut your truck off, they'll be able to plug into your truck and pull up the exact code. This is what happened to me, and it took then a day to fix it. Good luck!
    ABS Module and Hydraulic Control. Same happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sorry Ive been gone for a bit. Working.

The problem went away and came back once went away again and a month later still has not come back.

I'll keep everyone posted.

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post