Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: VGT Turbo from 07.5 to 12 on a 2016?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

VGT Turbo from 07.5 to 12 on a 2016?

What are the thoughts and differences of putting a VGT turbo from 07.5 to 12 on a 16?

I know the plug is different but the way it bolts up and plumbs in is all the same.

So any one ever done this before.

Thanks in advance.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: VGT Turbo from 07.5 to 12 on a 2016?

@DRD might know.

Let's ask the boss man...

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    What are the thoughts and differences of putting a VGT turbo from 07.5 to 12 on a 16?

I know the plug is different but the way it bolts up and plumbs in is all the same.

So any one ever done this before.

Thanks in advance.
    I've never done it, so I dont know. My guess it would require changing the actuator to one 13-18 specific on the donor turbo.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

They do have the adapter plugs from the old to the new which would prevent the switch out of actuators I'm guessing. Just wasn't sure if that was the only difference. Thanks for the reply

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

OK so I called BD diesel and they said the older ones wont work if your truck went in for a air bag recall because they put something in the software to make the aftermarket VGT turbos not communicate with the actuator.

So I'm not sure if my truck had that done so I would have to call the dealer and check.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post