Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel Preheat Gone after Tune and Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel Preheat Gone after Tune and Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Agreed, you don't need EGR or VGT for cold starts. I would reassess a bit before you get too rammy on this one.
    Me?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Me?
    No, sorry agreeing with you. Reiterating your point. "You" = @neutraldutch

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    No, sorry agreeing with you. Reiterating your point. "You" = @neutraldutch
    LOL

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.

Ya this whole thing had me rattled.

The truck starts fine but smokes like snoop dog in the cold. Block heater plugged in no smoke so....

I ordered a new grid heater in the even it is defective.

Hope to pull mine off clean and test it.

If it fails then at least I have a replacement ready.

I hope that's all it is.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

5. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New update.

I still plan on tuning the truck but cant do that at the moment.

So today I re installed the throttle and lo and behold the diesel preheat warning came back on.

Not sure if it fixed anything for the smoke yet but fingers crossed.

I also removed the intake horn and looked at my heater. It looked mint. And it heated up as it should. Glowed nicely. So the search continues.

I won't know if this worked for a little while because the weather just warmed up.

7. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neutraldutch View Post
    New update.

I still plan on tuning the truck but cant do that at the moment.

So today I re installed the throttle and lo and behold the diesel preheat warning came back on.

Not sure if it fixed anything for the smoke yet but fingers crossed.

I also removed the intake horn and looked at my heater. It looked mint. And it heated up as it should. Glowed nicely. So the search continues.

I won't know if this worked for a little while because the weather just warmed up.

Did you ever get your truck to quit smoking on cold starts?

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12