Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: To dealer for Recalls. Programming?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

To dealer for Recalls. Programming?

So while at the dealer today ordering a new heated seat module, the parts guy informs me I have 9 outstanding recalls ranging from the water pump to steering wheel wiring to airbag programming to tailgate. So I am tuned and deleted with Ray's tunes and a raceme. Will the airbag programming effect my ecm?
    For argument sake, let's say they completely reflash my truck against my better judgement and wishes. Obviously if they start it up it will throw every code under the sun, but would it run long enough for me to reflash with my tuner in the parking lot of would it brick my ecm? I'd love to get the recalls all taken care of so I can stop getting monthly notices from FCA haha! They will have my truck for several days and will give me a loaner. (Although they don't have any trucks. How does that make any sense?)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: To dealer for Recalls. Programming?

I just had the recalls done on my truck with Rays tuning. None of the things you listed will effect the engine tuning. They are reprogramming a different module for the air bag recall, not the ECM. You might want to mention your concerns when you drop the truck off. I did. They assured me the PCM tuning would not be effected. It wasn't, no codes, runs the same as it did when I dropped it off.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You'll be fine. I've had several recalls done and any reprogramming they've done has not affected the MM3. If for some reason it does you just reinstall the tune file and be on your way

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Thanks Noneck, Mdavlee, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    So while at the dealer today ordering a new heated seat module, the parts guy informs me I have 9 outstanding recalls ranging from the water pump to steering wheel wiring to airbag programming to tailgate. So I am tuned and deleted with Ray's tunes and a raceme. Will the airbag programming effect my ecm?
    For argument sake, let's say they completely reflash my truck against my better judgement and wishes. Obviously if they start it up it will throw every code under the sun, but would it run long enough for me to reflash with my tuner in the parking lot of would it brick my ecm? I'd love to get the recalls all taken care of so I can stop getting monthly notices from FCA haha! They will have my truck for several days and will give me a loaner. (Although they don't have any trucks. How does that make any sense?)

I was just wondering about this earlier this week.

My service airbag light constantly coming on and off randomly, was debating letting the recalls get done in the future.

7. Likes Noneck, watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Figured I'd post an update here. I did get the recalls done. When I picked up the truck it was 27 degrees out. When I started the truck, I noticed that the grid heater did not cycle like it normally would. I attributed it to them possibly just moving the truck outside and it being warm already. Ever since then, the grid heater won't cycle. I thought maybe they left it unplugged or something while changing the water pump. I remote started the truck while standing outside of it and found the grid heater cycles properly so, I know it's connected. I made an appointment with the dealer and they checked it. They said there are no codes and nothing they programmed would affect the grid heater. (I beg to differ. I know it SHOULDN'T, but it clearly did) they did offer to troubleshoot it for $175. (How kind of them). So as of now, if I want to cycle the grid heater in cold temps, I have to remote start it. I have tried to locate a setting with the AlfaOBD and all i can find is "wait to start" which I enabled. Unfortunately it didn't change the grid heater. Anyone have any ideas @DRD maybe?

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Figured I'd post an update here. I did get the recalls done. When I picked up the truck it was 27 degrees out. When I started the truck, I noticed that the grid heater did not cycle like it normally would. I attributed it to them possibly just moving the truck outside and it being warm already. Ever since then, the grid heater won't cycle. I thought maybe they left it unplugged or something while changing the water pump. I remote started the truck while standing outside of it and found the grid heater cycles properly so, I know it's connected. I made an appointment with the dealer and they checked it. They said there are no codes and nothing they programmed would affect the grid heater. (I beg to differ. I know it SHOULDN'T, but it clearly did) they did offer to troubleshoot it for $175. (How kind of them). So as of now, if I want to cycle the grid heater in cold temps, I have to remote start it. I have tried to locate a setting with the AlfaOBD and all i can find is "wait to start" which I enabled. Unfortunately it didn't change the grid heater. Anyone have any ideas @DRD maybe?

Well it's for sure something they did. The problem is this dealer cant diagnose anything without a code.

Personally I dont know exactly what is going on.

The Warp software we use does not allow me to see all the parameters that initiate a grid heater cycle.

I wish I could offer more info.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray.

Appreciate your input!

13. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, watersupply189 liked this post