Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery saver mode...

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Battery saver mode...

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Seems to me you'd have to split the female connection after the plug-in the external power supply, then permanently install a trickle charger in the engine bay, run power wires to both units. Not sure I like the trickle charge permanently installed in the bay.
    I'm not suggesting it's recommended or even possible. Just would be pretty slick to plug one cord in and get heat and charge going for the night.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    I'm not suggesting it's recommended or even possible. Just would be pretty slick to plug one cord in and get heat and charge going for the night.

Understand ... but when you plant a seed ... you should expect to see a 'lil trees once and a while

Your talking to a large group who likes to modify things

and this is a good idea

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I kept getting this last year and had some issues with the sd card getting corrupted in my mm3. I just swapped my batteries for agm batteries and am still getting the battery saver warning. One thing i did notice with the old batteries is the mm3 would go blank and reset when i turned the key over in the cold. Even though i still get the battery saver warning It doesnt do that anymore.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mseitz24 View Post
    I kept getting this last year and had some issues with the sd card getting corrupted in my mm3. I just swapped my batteries for agm batteries and am still getting the battery saver warning. One thing i did notice with the old batteries is the mm3 would go blank and reset when i turned the key over in the cold. Even though i still get the battery saver warning It doesnt do that anymore.
    Interesting, sounds like the new batteries took care of the MM3 issue. I think the battery saver mode is just something we are going to have to live with. What outside temperature were you at when it triggered battery saver mode? Mine seems to kick in at 10F and below. I am going to see if occasional trickle charge has any effect.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Off the top of my head maybe low 20’s to upper teens. That’s not plugged in either.

Forgot to mention last winter was the first with my truck so no clue if it’s always done that. It’s a 13 with what I assume was the original batteries.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I worried about this when I first got my truck and it does it on a regular basis with cold temps even after replacing both batteries.

I wouldn’t worry about replacing new batteries just due to the message displaying.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I have yet to experience this, but then I have my truck plugged in for winter.

I go out every morning and put lunch in and unplug then when I am ready to go to work.

I remote start so it has about 10 min of time to warm up before i leave.

Temp here has been 20* getting up to a high of 45.

I'll have to look for this battery saver mode

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Interesting, sounds like the new batteries took care of the MM3 issue. I think the battery saver mode is just something we are going to have to live with. What outside temperature were you at when it triggered battery saver mode? Mine seems to kick in at 10F and below. I am going to see if occasional trickle charge has any effect.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m gittin it in the teens usually. If it’s just related to the tuner and ain’t a sign of sumthin bad I can live with it. I just wanna make sure it ain’t a predictor of bad thangs.

16. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post

I’m gittin it in the teens usually. If it’s just related to the tuner and ain’t a sign of sumthin bad I can live with it. I just wanna make sure it ain’t a predictor of bad thangs.
    No it’s not related to the tuner. Battery saver mode is part of the factory ECM programming. Nothing to worry about. I have been trickle charging my batteries overnight once a week. We have been at 10 degrees and lower last couple of weeks and haven’t entered battery saver mode. So it looks like occasional trickle charge helps to avoid it especially if you don’t drive every day or frequently drive short trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I'm shocked hearing of 3, 5 years for batteries.

You should get 8 or more, even from the OEM's. I got 10 on my OEM's.

And for the trickle charger ... best suggestion made.

If I don't use my truck for 4 or 5 days I slap one on.

I have the NOCO genius g1100 and it keeps them in peak performance and charged.

Great investment for new or old.
    Hooked up the Genius 1100 I just bought. The wife recently got a new ride, so I've been driving her old one a few days a week. However, I've driven the beast the past 2 days for about 60 total miles and 2hrs. But, when I first turned on the Genius, it only showed 25% full. Did you have the same experience? I'm going to leave on over night and watch as I don't plan to drive again until Saturday. The 50% light started blinking pretty quick, but seemed a bit alarming that after two days of driving as described, the batteries only showed 25%. Thoughts?

20. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast