Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpine Premium 2017 Mega Laramie

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Alpine Premium 2017 Mega Laramie

I did a lot of research on this recently to figure out how to do exactly what your're asking. I wanted to keep the factory unit since everything runs through it but i wanted to power the mids and highs separate from the subs.

Do some research on the PAC Amp Pro and the wiring harness for it. There are a lot of YouTube videos on these too. It basically plugs inline and gives you low level inputs you can run to an external amplifier (or multiple amplifiers if you want to power the front doors, dash, rear doors, and subs separately like i wanted to do). Long story short it can be done and it can be done without having to cut any wires but its not cheap. At this point i've not spend any money on it yet, just been going through the process of figuring out what i want and how i'd lay it all out.

If you do go the speaker replacement route pay attention to the impedance (ohms) level of the speakers like was stated above. Going from a 2ohm to a 4ohm double the impedance and thus doubles the power requirement for the same decibel level. So you can end up with a nice new set of speakers and not get that volume you're looking for.

That's where the external amplifiers come into play.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Update. Went with the Rockford fosgate DSR1 with the Ram T harness. Basically it replaces the factory amp with all the data links. Plugs and play. Couldn’t have been easier. Use factory speaker wire for the 3 dash speakers, the 4 doors and the headliner tweets. I did Alpine type R 6x9 components in the front doors &6x9 coaxial in the rear doors. Replaced all 3 3.5 mids also and the headliner tweets. I had Subthump make me a sub enclosure that fit down in the buckets behind my back seat and in the megacab part. 4 American bass XFL 10’s at 1000watt RMS. SEATS EVEN RECLINE!!!! 2 amps one DS18 5000 mono and a DS18 1500 4 channel. And it sounds f....... amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks olyeller40 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, olyeller40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goldguy5 View Post
    Update. Went with the Rockford fosgate DSR1 with the Ram T harness. Basically it replaces the factory amp with all the data links. Plugs and play. Couldn’t have been easier. Use factory speaker wire for the 3 dash speakers, the 4 doors and the headliner tweets. I did Alpine type R 6x9 components in the front doors &6x9 coaxial in the rear doors. Replaced all 3 3.5 mids also and the headliner tweets. I had Subthump make me a sub enclosure that fit down in the buckets behind my back seat and in the megacab part. 4 American bass XFL 10’s at 1000watt RMS. SEATS EVEN RECLINE!!!! 2 amps one DS18 5000 mono and a DS18 1500 4 channel. And it sounds f....... amazing.

4- 10's?

Oh man, I bet that does sound amazing!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

Video?

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goldguy5 View Post

What is the T harness that you are talking about and where can I get it.

I have a 2012 2500 Limited I am working with.

Thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12