Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: newie question on delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

newie question on delete

OK guys here it is. New to forum new to diesels, I have a 2012 Ram DRW with the 6.7 cummins auto transmission, I want to do a EGR delete and a exhaust delete. Question I already have the EGR delete ( kit was thrown in when I got truck) and know I need a tuner before I actually do the removal, can I purchase tuner now do the EGR delete then later do the exhaust delete ( from what I have read going with the MM3 and DRD ) does the MM3 have to be updated or anything once I do the exhaust? Secondly I joined the forum on a year membership but looks like need to be a life time member to get access to DRD any way to upgrade without having to pay the full price (should have done it first I know). Thanks for the help

2. Thanks watersupply189, MacfromAK thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, MacfromAK liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: newie question on delete

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolfrider View Post
    OK guys here it is. New to forum new to diesels, I have a 2012 Ram DRW with the 6.7 cummins auto transmission, I want to do a EGR delete and a exhaust delete. Question I already have the EGR delete ( kit was thrown in when I got truck) and know I need a tuner before I actually do the removal, can I purchase tuner now do the EGR delete then later do the exhaust delete ( from what I have read going with the MM3 and DRD ) does the MM3 have to be updated or anything once I do the exhaust? Secondly I joined the forum on a year membership but looks like need to be a life time member to get access to DRD any way to upgrade without having to pay the full price (should have done it first I know). Thanks for the help
    With DRD's tuning you are not required to remove the EGR, his tuning simply disables the valve so you can choose to leave it in or remove it at anytime, many members recommend removing anyway.

Before removing either the stock exhaust or EGR you will need to purchase the tuner and write the custom tuning to the ECM.

I'm not positive on paying the difference too upgrade from your 1 year to a lifetime membership.

2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Crew Cab, Graphite Metallic Black
    5" Flo Pro Turbo Back, Custom DRD Tuning, Turbo Baffle Removed

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I’ve left all my EGR and stuff in place.

Just replaced the soot cookers with a delete pipe.

@IGOTACUMMINS can you chime in about the membership?

Thanks

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Please message us.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post