Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  77
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Actuator Out. Need Advice On New Turbo Setup?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Turbo Actuator Out. Need Advice On New Turbo Setup?

I have a 2015 Ram 2500 with a 68RFE transmission.

Turbo started acting funny. Got codes P003A, P00AF, U010C. Truck was at 100,175 miles. Dealership took a look at my truck and deemed it out of warranty since the actuator is under the limited warranty and not the powertrain. Even being slightly over the powertrain warranty they couldn't replace the turbo since their line of "to do" list with this problem is to replace the actuator first.

New stock turbo quoted from the dealership for $6700, not happening.

Now seeking advice to get a whole new turbo setup. Will be deleting the truck at the same time. I do not tow a lot and do not need the exhaust brake. Just looking for something reliable. Ray at DRD did recommend a stainless diesel 2nd gen kit. Looking for anymore advice if possible! Thanks!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Have you considered just replacing the actuator? Providing your turbo vanes are free to move and your turbo is not damaged, spins free and no end play. You will save money with this easy to install no calibration required option. City Diesel actuator for 2013+
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #3

Thank you! Have not seen this option before.

5. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrobin27 View Post

Turbo started acting funny. Got codes P003A, P00AF, U010C. Truck was at 100,175 miles. Dealership took a look at my truck and deemed it out of warranty since the actuator is under the limited warranty and not the powertrain. Even being slightly over the powertrain warranty they couldn't replace the turbo since their line of "to do" list with this problem is to replace the actuator first.

Now seeking advice to get a whole new turbo setup. Will be deleting the truck at the same time. I do not tow a lot and do not need the exhaust brake. Just looking for something reliable. Ray at DRD did recommend a stainless diesel 2nd gen kit. Looking for anymore advice if possible! Thanks!
    There are much cheaper options than a factory replacement.

You just have to decide what your end HP goal is, your budget and whether or not you want to retain an exhaust brake.

PM or email me if you have any questions or need help.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks Mrobin27, BlackBart thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

On my 2015 I went with a Vorgwarner 364.5 direct fit non VGT turbo from high tech turbo truck runs great.

9. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrobin27 View Post

I’da told em where they could stick that $6700 turbo.

11. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My new actuator from Geno’s Garage showed up last night.

I have some of the same codes as you.

Will be replacing it tonight. I’ll report back.

13. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS View Post
    My new actuator from Geno’s Garage showed up last night.

I have some of the same codes as you.

Will be replacing it tonight. I’ll report back.
    Sounds like Christmas came early!

Looking forward to your update.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Top Of Page | #9

How did the install go?

Any advice?

I received mine in the other day but haven't had a chance to install yet due to work.

Going to try and knock it out this weekend.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

Hey everyone. So I got my city diesel actuator in last week and just installed it tonight on my 15 ram 2500. Install went fine and the vane lever moved freely.

When I turn the ignition the actuator makes a sound. Same sound everytime as if it is calibrating..etc.

I took the truck for a drive around the neighborhood and it immediately cleared my codes p003a p00af and u010c but after a quick drive the truck is surging at idle while in drive which wasnt a symptom with the bad actuator before. In park the truck is idling fine and sounds good.

Can anyone give me any insight to this? The truck is stuck. Will be deleting once I have this actuator issue worked out.

18. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast