Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Actuator Out. Need Advice On New Turbo Setup?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Turbo Actuator Out. Need Advice On New Turbo Setup?

I’m sorry about the surging and hopefully someone here has some input on that.

With regard to the noise when you turn on the ignition, I recall reading a feature of these actuators is they cycle fully closed and open every key on to clean the vanes and prevent sticking.

I bet that’s what you are hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Here is a video of the truck surging when stopped.

I am doing little loops around my neighborhood.

Maybe it is warming up? Or the coolant to the EGR?

Once it gets moving it feels fine and sounds good.

I will be putting the rock shield back on and taking it for longer drives and see how it is running.

4. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Disappointing news, hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this idling issue.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

Alright so it has been a long road so far but I wanted to update everyone or anyone who has this problem in the future.

I installed the new actuator and it fixed my issue with the holset actuator but was then getting some surging at idle.

Contacted directly to City Diesel and immediately got into contact with Jason, I believe the creator of the actuator. We went through some diagnostics and even offered to work on my truck since they are only 2 hours away from me.

We came to the conclusion that the vane lever needed some more space inside the actuator to move and he needed to port it out just a little bit. He sent me a new one to his specs and I installed tonight and finally I can say my truck is running incredibly. Getting great boost, no codes and I am completely stock. (I wanted to fix the actuator issue before doing my delete)

Jason and the rest of the crew at City Diesel have been nothing short of incredible. Emailing fast, calling and texting me back even after they have gone home for the day from the shop just to try and help me get my truck running great again. They didn't care about money or "working hours" they just cared that I could get my truck back up and running again. They also sent a prepaid shipping label for the part that didn't work even though I offered to even pay to return shipping. I can say that City Diesel will have me as a customer for life now and if anyone had even second guessed purchasing this part from them just go ahead and order, they stand behind their work.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrobin27 View Post
    Alright so it has been a long road so far but I wanted to update everyone or anyone who has this problem in the future.

I installed the new actuator and it fixed my issue with the holset actuator but was then getting some surging at idle.

Contacted directly to City Diesel and immediately got into contact with Jason, I believe the creator of the actuator. We went through some diagnostics and even offered to work on my truck since they are only 2 hours away from me.

We came to the conclusion that the vane lever needed some more space inside the actuator to move and he needed to port it out just a little bit. He sent me a new one to his specs and I installed tonight and finally I can say my truck is running incredibly. Getting great boost, no codes and I am completely stock. (I wanted to fix the actuator issue before doing my delete)

Jason and the rest of the crew at City Diesel have been nothing short of incredible. Emailing fast, calling and texting me back even after they have gone home for the day from the shop just to try and help me get my truck running great again. They didn't care about money or "working hours" they just cared that I could get my truck back up and running again. They also sent a prepaid shipping label for the part that didn't work even though I offered to even pay to return shipping. I can say that City Diesel will have me as a customer for life now and if anyone had even second guessed purchasing this part from them just go ahead and order, they stand behind their work.
    That's awesome! Glad you got the truck back to running right!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    That's awesome! Glad you got the truck back to running right!
    Thank you so much brother! I am too. Will keep posted with miles driven on the new actuator. Excited to delete and get some tunes from DRD.

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thank you so much brother! I am too. Will keep posted with miles driven on the new actuator. Excited to delete and get some tunes from DRD.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Great news!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Man that’s awesome news! Glad your truck is running like new again and that they gave you excellent customer service!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

16. Likes timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Excellent!! Congrats on getting your truck back and thanks for sharing your review of the company.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

18. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast