Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current Go-To Ball Joints?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Current Go-To Ball Joints?

Carli ball joints are a solid option.

They are expensive but also covered with a lifetime warranty against failure.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Current Go-To Ball Joints?

Not sure about newer trucks, but in my old ‘08 I replaced ball joints 3 times (1500-1800 each time and seamed like every 12-16 months we had to do something), before we stopped using Moog. I know Moog is good, but for that specific year truck they were not holding up. Felt like I was driving a riding lawnmower at highway speeds. Had issues with death wobble. We started to notice the issue at 35k miles and it progressively got worse until we resolved the issue a few years later.

The shop that got it figured out showed me the Moogs they pulled off and they had a flat spot on each one. We never had the typical loose wheel and the test of wiggling the tires when off ground were tight. Did not even have issue with wear on tires. The flat spots on the ball joints were in a spot that kept the joint feeling tight, but would not allow the wheel to center track freely, thus the wondering. The shop said a stronger toe in might help, but tire wear would be a bigger factor. They figured out the issue on their own shop trucks before I got there.

After the replacement, (I can’t remember the brand, but spicer keeps coming to mind, and I think that Is wrong), the truck tracked awesome, no wondering and death wobble went away. Only reason I got the 2014 is we went from 2500 to 3500 for towing and we found an awesome deal back then.

I haven’t had issue with my 2014 and we have 90k now on the clock with more than half pulling trailers and 5th wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12