May switch from T6.

Looking for input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn MegaCab 4x4 68RFE

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hot Shot Blue Diamond

Must be a secret, never heard of it! . Seriously I would recommend sticking with one of the approved brands like T6.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks BruceLH thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsNshrimp View Post
    Anyone using Hot Shot Secret Oil?

May switch from T6.

Looking for input

Let's ask @DDP I think he may know something about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsNshrimp View Post
    Anyone using Hot Shot Secret Oil?

May switch from T6.

Looking for input

Clayton is using it in his Powerstroke and has had great results thus far. This oil is one of the reasons we decided to sell Hot Shot products as it's a Group 4 & 5 oil with the competition being 3 & 4 or even 2 & 3. I switched my Cummins to Amsoil when it had 1,200 miles on it and when it gets close to 10k I'm going to switch to Blue Diamond 5w-40. This oil can be used 100k plus miles with a bypass and regular sample analysis on a healthy truck. PM or email me if you have any questions or want a quote.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Let's ask @DDP I think he may know something about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the mention! I run Hot Shot's Secret oil. I have been very happy with it so far. I have had it in for about 4k miles. I also sent a test in using their oil lab analysis as well. I still prefer black stone labs as of right now but they were not too bad. Just not as specific as black stone labs.

So far what i have noticed is smoother running immediately, little bit cooler temps from what i can tell. I did not record every single thing but i did notice the temps were slightly down. Super easy cold starts. Well at least as cold as it gets in texas LOL. The support from hot shot's secret is second to none. I am a dealer for them and i asked a lot of questions and my rep was always more then happy to help me even on weekends and late at night! They definitely care about the customers which is why i push them so hard as well as decided to switch from rotella to give them a shot. I still am a rotella man but i will always support an awesome company who treats me well. Also having the facts available was really nice as well showing how well the oil matches up against others and why it's better.

It is a little on the expensive side but like anything you get what you pay for at least most of the time and this product i feel you get everything. They do their best to train us dealers as well to better help the end customers have access to multiple sources of knowledge.

One of the items that sold me was stiction eliminator. The videos of the fords that they use this to bring back the injectors are amazing and yes they are truly real LOL. I also use the fuel treatment as well. I have noticed some mpg improvement and less Regens when using it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Clayton is using it in his Powerstroke and has had great results thus far. This oil is one of the reasons we decided to sell Hot Shot products as it's a Group 4 & 5 oil with the competition being 3 & 4 or even 2 & 3. I switched my Cummins to Amsoil when it had 1,200 miles on it and when it gets close to 10k I'm going to switch to Blue Diamond 5w-40. This oil can be used 100k plus miles with a bypass and regular sample analysis on a healthy truck. PM or email me if you have any questions or want a quote.

Thank you sir! Didn't see this when i was writing my answers. Dang phone must of not have gone off when you replied.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks you all for the replies, I think I will give it a shot!

2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn MegaCab 4x4 68RFE

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'd like to mention I normally use the T6 and have a 2 micron bypass system and send in oil (including TBN) samples yearly.

I have ran the oil up to 80k and still well within specs, but I'm and old fart and sometimes set in my old ways, and it felt uncomfortable at the 80k and changed the oil for the hell of it.

So by them saying you can run it up to 100k isn't a one of a kind high end acknowledgement.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Outstanding Review DDP/Clayton: I researched Blue Diamond & Green Diamond oil for a couple months after I bought my new 2017.

Being a very extreme **** owner as I am - I just wanted to run a synthetic oil that was formulated with a much more robust/stouter formulation then the shelf bought store oils.
    Also prefer a oil with a higher TBN as well. (Just Personal Preference)

I pride myself on running different fluids then others & the combo of HSS (Green Diamond) 5W-40 & 15W-40 really has me interested.

HSS: Oils & Diesel Fuel Additives are ALL top tier! (I to this day/add 16oz Diesel Extreme every 3 months to a full tank)
    Alliant Power (UltraGuard) 6oz with 4oz Hot Shots Secret (EDT) @ every fill up during the summer months.
    Alliant Power (UltraGuard) 6oz with 6oz Hot Shots Secret (Winter Blend) Anti-Gel @ every fill up during the winter months.

I've never been one to spend a A$$ load of $$$$$ on performance mods - but I have always been one to go the extra mile when it comes to preventive maintenance & lubrication via the valve train.

Im rambling again: I apologize!

All of HSS products & Customer Service gets a huge ---->
    It's always awesome knowing there are still some companies that care about creating products that actually perform as advertised & benefit the owners as much as profits & enjoy listening & talking with their customers.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Am I reading this right? You guys are pushing engine oil out to 80K miles!?

After all the ICML training I have sat through and our oil analysis program at work, which was built hand in hand with CAT, we are nowhere near these levels.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast