Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Shot Blue Diamond

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Hot Shot Blue Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Am I reading this right? You guys are pushing engine oil out to 80K miles!?

After all the ICML training I have sat through and our oil analysis program at work, which was built hand in hand with CAT, we are nowhere near these levels.

Some people can achieve this yes but most of the time it requires extra filtration and it still does not take away the changing the filters at a certain interval as well as doing an oil analysis. I have had a few hot shotters be able to do this because they do nothing but work the truck and rack up the miles quickly.

I have not reached this yet but i am going to run this oil as long as i can with oil samples along the way every few thousand miles. Each application will very so more then likely a daily driver won't be able to make it this far.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Outstanding Review DDP/Clayton: I researched Blue Diamond & Green Diamond oil for a couple months after I bought my new 2017.

Being a very extreme **** owner as I am - I just wanted to run a synthetic oil that was formulated with a much more robust/stouter formulation then the shelf bought store oils.
    Also prefer a oil with a higher TBN as well. (Just Personal Preference)

It came down to HSS / Schaeffers / Amsoil - I chose Schaeffers: Not knowing my local Jobber was moving within the next yr.
    Amazon is hit & miss with their oils & priced ridiculously.
    For my 2nd oil change I was back to square one - Then through my Uncle I was given a bit of advice - (Contact George @ Triax Lubricants)!
    After a couple hours on the phone & a few weeks of research on their website - Triax is in the crankcase & will continue to be run until I don't have access to the brand any longer. I'm pumped to witness the results of the first 5-10 UOAs.

HSS: Oils & Diesel Fuel Additives are ALL top tier! (I to this day/add 16oz Diesel Extreme every 3 months to a full tank)
    If Schaeffers diesel additives ever fade from Amazon - HSS will be my go too!

I've never been one to spend a A$$ load of $$$$$ on performance mods - but I have always been one to go the extra mile when it comes to preventive maintenance & lubrication via the valve train.

Im rambling again: I apologize!

All of HSS products & Customer Service gets a huge ---->
    It's always awesome knowing there are still some companies that care about creating products that actually perform as advertised & benefit the owners as much as profits & enjoy listening & talking with their customers.

Thanks @SyN Very much appreciated.

I'm glad you agree! It took me awhile to even become a dealer because I'm not easily bought with info LOL.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Some people can achieve this yes but most of the time it requires extra filtration and it still does not take away the changing the filters at a certain interval as well as doing an oil analysis. I have had a few hot shotters be able to do this because they do nothing but work the truck and rack up the miles quickly.

I have not reached this yet but i am going to run this oil as long as i can with oil samples along the way every few thousand miles. Each application will very so more then likely a daily driver won't be able to make it this far.
    It's surely not an apples to apples comparison, we are off-road at a mine sight, but 500 hours is when we dump the engine oil. And that is 57 gallons in a 785 haul truck, adds up quick! We are running Schaeffer's 15w-40. But after a lot of oil analysis that is what we have come up with. The hydraulic oil (10w) and trans oil (30w) we can filter cart and get more life out of but not a ton.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12