Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 RAM Delete Problems?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2018 RAM Delete Problems?

Ok so I’m kinda new to the deleted Cummins world so over look anything I mention that sounds goofy LOL... so anyway I just recently deleted my 18 RAM and my fuel economy was went to crap for some reason and my boost gauge on the dash shows me pulling more psi of boost now in places that I never boosted like that before (mainly interstate driving).

I’m not hard on the truck by no means it’s my daily driver but anyway I’m just curious as to what’s making me use more fuel and what’s causing me to build boost more now and all I installed was a 5” turbo back with muffler and s&b cold air intake with a RaceME Ultra tuner.

Any help will be greatly appreciated also I usually just run it in the stock tune with deletes.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 RAM Delete Problems?

I’m interested in what you find out as I have an 18 also. I’ve left mine stock so far but only have 3300 miles on it. I have a lot of anxiety over the crap they have on these engines but I also am not ready to throw my warranty away and I plan on doing some coast to coast touring with my TT. What a hoot it would be to get shut down way away from home because of deleting.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What tuner are you using with your delete? EGR, DPF, SCR ? I’d love to delete mine but I definitely want a muffler on it.

6. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wvcoalminer_18 View Post
    Ok so I’m kinda new to the deleted Cummins world so over look anything I mention that sounds goofy LOL... so anyway I just recently deleted my 18 RAM and my fuel economy was went to crap for some reason and my boost gauge on the dash shows me pulling more psi of boost now in places that I never boosted like that before (mainly interstate driving).

I’m not hard on the truck by no means it’s my daily driver but anyway I’m just curious as to what’s making me use more fuel and what’s causing me to build boost more now and all I installed was a 5” turbo back with muffler and s&b cold air intake with a RaceME Ultra tuner.

Any help will be greatly appreciated also I usually just run it in the stock tune with deletes.
    Who did your delete friend?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What is your fuel economy now? What was it before?

Sounds like your using canned tunes from RaceME.

Did you try using the 60HP tune to see if that changed anything?

Make sure your cold air intake isn't leaking and everything is tight.

What are your boost numbers? Use the RaceME to see the actual numeric value.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

9. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have been running DRD tunes on my 18 G56 2500 with zero issues for almost 30,000 miles.

I have been back and forth from stock for inspection and the boost levels are always pretty normal.

I daily the 200HP tune which seems to be the most sensitive to building boost quickly, and it will peak around 35-37 psi when getting on it in a higher gear, under normal driving, even interstate driving it is usually around 5 psi or less when driving casually, occasionally will see upwards of 10-15 max if on a hill or casually passing.

As far as fuel economy mine increased a fair amount, would see around 16-17mpg average on the stock tune and anywhere from 19.5-23 average on DRD's tunes.

2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Crew Cab, Graphite Metallic Black
    5" Flo Pro Turbo Back, Custom DRD Tuning, Turbo Baffle Removed

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BlackBart thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I was in the 18-20mpg ball park and now I’m closer to the 13-14mpg range.

I’m using the box tunes from RaceME and running it on the 120HP default tune but I ran switch 1 which is stock tune.

Double checked everything on my CAI and it was all tight but I did throw a msg on my dash today that said service active airbox see dealership but it went away after I shut the truck off and restarted it, but as weird as it sound my boost numbers have came down and for some reason.

I’m starting to pick mpg back up as well so idk what the deal is.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I was in the 18-20mpg ball park and now I’m closer to the 13-14mpg range.

I’m using the box tunes from RaceME and running it on the 120HP default tune but I ran switch 1 which is stock tune.

Double checked everything on my CAI and it was all tight but I did throw a msg on my dash today that said service active airbox see dealership but it went away after I shut the truck off and restarted it, but as weird as it sound my boost numbers have came down and for some reason.

I’m starting to pick mpg back up as well so idk what the deal is.
    It sounds like you need to check the settings on the tune you are running.

The turbo timing sounds too aggressive which will cause the symptoms you are describing.

Search the forum and you will find threads from a few years ago with recommended settings.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yzeezinger250 View Post
    I have been running DRD tunes on my 18 G56 2500 with zero issues for almost 30,000 miles.

I have been back and forth from stock for inspection and the boost levels are always pretty normal.

I daily the 200HP tune which seems to be the most sensitive to building boost quickly, and it will peak around 35-37 psi when getting on it in a higher gear, under normal driving, even interstate driving it is usually around 5 psi or less when driving casually, occasionally will see upwards of 10-15 max if on a hill or casually passing.

As far as fuel economy mine increased a fair amount, would see around 16-17mpg average on the stock tune and anywhere from 19.5-23 average on DRD's tunes.
    Have you upgraded your clutch? I'm assuming so?

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Have you upgraded your clutch? I'm assuming so?
    Yes I have, I'm running a Valair Ceramic Street Dual Disk, #NMU70G56DDSN , I've only put about 10k on it so far, but so far its been great

2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Crew Cab, Graphite Metallic Black
    5" Flo Pro Turbo Back, Custom DRD Tuning, Turbo Baffle Removed

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast