So with NY weather dipping into the teens I've been attempting to use my exhaust brake to warm the truck up faster.

I’m fully deleted with DRD warp tuning.

Originally my exhaust brake worked as it should, nice and smooth. Turbo spooled up and it would sit and whistle away until it was warm. Then I noticed a surge in the turbo during warm up with the exhaust brake on.

Now further down the road, when I turn the exhaust brake on now it attempts to spool up then kicks out and just keeps repeating the process. It’s pretty hard to explain. It will whistle lightly then start to really attempt to go full jet turbine engine LOL but seems to fail and restart the process over and over.

The exhaust brake still functions like normal when driving. I’ve had the truck do some crazy things since the delete and tune and I’m really just starting to get frustrated.

At one point I engaged the whistle tune, then tried to engage the high idle tune and I thought I blew the damn thing up.

It started dumpinggggg white smoke out of the exhaust and sounded like a pile of crap. I shut it down and fired it back up with no issue after.

Another time just recently while it was real cold I fired the truck up, put it in stock tune, hit the high idle RT and all the sudden the idle started fluctuating like crazy and threw an engine code for throttle position sensor or something along those lines. I again shut the truck down and cleared the codes with the MM3 and fired it back up with no further issues.

Just seems like I’m clenching my butt cheeks every time I hit an RT enable on this thing because I’ve had so many issues while doing so. There’s been more than those issues listed as well. I’m just wondering if maybe something has went funky with the tunes or if I have an issue somewhere else. If I just drive the truck and don’t mess with the tuner I have zero issues and the trucks a beast.

As soon as I start playing with all the features I paid for with the tuning things start to go haywire I’d say 50% of the time.

Sorry for the long post and multiple issues but I’m trying to address everything at once.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!