Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Vibrations after Deletes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Vibrations after Deletes

Alright I've gone round and round and checked and re checked everything and cant find it.

Hoping someone here has had the issue and can help.

I deleted my 2012 last summer with DRD parts, AFE stainless turbo back 4” with a muffler, and Sinister hard part removal under the hood.

Going on 6 months here and I have a faint rattle/vibration at different RPM ranges. I haven't been able to pin point it anywhere.

I know it has something to do with the delete or something I touched as it was fine before.

Relatively low mileage truck at 79k and the rattle is driving me up the wall.

It sounds like it could be coming from the engine bay/forward of the driver but hell I can't tell anymore and I'm out of idea’s where to check.

Always had great luck here so help this noob out please and thanks!

2018 Peterbilt 389, Cummins x15, 565hp/2050tq
    2012, 2500, level kit, 35x12.5x20s, some other odds and ends. Soon to be deleted if I can still get parts.....

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Vibrations after Deletes

Quote Originally Posted by Fkrupin View Post
    Alright I've gone round and round and checked and re checked everything and cant find it.

Hoping someone here has had the issue and can help.

I deleted my 2012 last summer with DRD parts, AFE stainless turbo back 4” with a muffler, and Sinister hard part removal under the hood.

Going on 6 months here and I have a faint rattle/vibration at different RPM ranges. I haven't been able to pin point it anywhere.

I know it has something to do with the delete or something I touched as it was fine before.

Relatively low mileage truck at 79k and the rattle is driving me up the wall.

It sounds like it could be coming from the engine bay/forward of the driver but hell I can't tell anymore and I'm out of idea’s where to check.

Always had great luck here so help this noob out please and thanks!
    Well that will probably be a hard one to track down.

Have you checked your heat shields, exhaust clamps tight, is the exhaust touching any part of the body or an exhaust hanger loose?

Just trying to throw some options out your way friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yeah I tried all those.

I'm going to pull it in the shop again tomorrow and see what I can find.

I thought I had it last week I found a couple little rocks that somehow got up on top of the heat shield that I noticed when I closed the passenger door but alas it was not the culprit.... about all I haven't done which I suppose could be worth a shot is to completely pull all the heat shields and see if it goes away.

Then figure out which one and how to stop the vibration...

I'm at a loss that's why I threw up a post.

2018 Peterbilt 389, Cummins x15, 565hp/2050tq
    2012, 2500, level kit, 35x12.5x20s, some other odds and ends. Soon to be deleted if I can still get parts.....

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fkrupin View Post
    Yeah I tried all those.

I'm going to pull it in the shop again tomorrow and see what I can find.

I thought I had it last week I found a couple little rocks that somehow got up on top of the heat shield that I noticed when I closed the passenger door but alas it was not the culprit.... about all I haven't done which I suppose could be worth a shot is to completely pull all the heat shields and see if it goes away.

Then figure out which one and how to stop the vibration...

I'm at a loss that's why I threw up a post.
    I hope you can figure it out.

Keep us informed what you find.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm not familiar with the AFE exhaust but check all the clearances even the ones for the hangers.

Sometimes the hanger bar itself will contact the hanger through the isolator, if that makes sense.

Check all the brackets and such under the hood.

The heat cycles can easily loosen thing in short order.

Good luck with it!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Have someone put there foot on the tip of the exhaust and push while listening in the cab.

Most likely you'll need to add a couple hangers or adjust your exhaust. If there's any amount of vibration, that can give you a huge vibration notice in your cab.

Keep us posted.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I'm in the same boat.

My 2011 has a turbo back 5" system, and had a chrome extension (installed by the original owner).

As I don't like to advertise that it's deleted, I removed the tip, and now I've got a vibration/rattle at idle.

I crawled around under the truck, but couldn't find the interference.

I temporarily put a ratchet strap on the pipe just behind the rear axle, as it was driving me batty!

I need to get it on my neighbors hoist with the truck running.

Good luck with yours!

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard68 View Post
    I'm in the same boat.

My 2011 has a turbo back 5" system, and had a chrome extension (installed by the original owner).

As I don't like to advertise that it's deleted, I removed the tip, and now I've got a vibration/rattle at idle.

I crawled around under the truck, but couldn't find the interference.

I temporarily put a ratchet strap on the pipe just behind the rear axle, as it was driving me batty!

I need to get it on my neighbors hoist with the truck running.

Good luck with yours!
    I wonder if the back exhaust section was tilted up towards a heat shield near the spare tire.

We had to reef on the exhaust tip to get it off my buddy's 2012 (salt riddled ohio roads seized it on).

After it was off, we noticed the exhaust was tweaked a bit.

Just had to loosen the clamp and spin her back home.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14. Thanks GrayBeard68 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, GrayBeard68 liked this post