Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2019 DTC codes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2019 DTC codes

I just got a new 2019 and the check engine light came on at around 150 miles today on my way back to work. Is there anyway to pull the codes without a scan tool like the old cycle the key 3 times? I’m less than happy with it not making it out of my state with out a code. I had traded the 11 I had off for a Ford 2 years ago almost exactly to the day for electrical problems.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2019 DTC codes

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post
    I just got a new 2019 and the check engine light came on at around 150 miles today on my way back to work. Is there anyway to pull the codes without a scan tool like the old cycle the key 3 times? I’m less than happy with it not making it out of my state with out a code. I had traded the 11 I had off for a Ford 2 years ago almost exactly to the day for electrical problems.
    Man that sucks having a CEL at only 150 miles.

I’m sure you will have to have a scan tool but not positive about the cycling the key.

Hopefully it’s just something minor.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 DTC codes

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavlee View Post

I would go get a bluetooth obd scanner. You can't clear codes but it should give you an idea of what your dealing with. If it's something very precise it may not pick it up but if you take your truck to any shop with a high end scanner they can usually pin point it for ya for a diag fee.

It could be something simple so don't let it bother you too much if the truck is still running great but do get it looked at when ya can.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks watersupply189, Mdavlee thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, Yamahamod liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 DTC codes

A friend at work had a cheap action scanner that give me one of the 2 codes. I didn’t want to clear the first to reach the second but it was 2609 for grid heater temperature. It was around 30 when I restarted it and it came on. I’m a little relieved now since I was 300 miles from home in a town with literally nothing but a gas station and post office.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post