Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: chrysler diagnostic application software, necessary to program folding mirror option

1. Top Of Page | #1

chrysler diagnostic application software, necessary to program folding mirror option

So I recently added a couple bits of oem parts, the bits for remote start and for folding mirrors. I had the dealer request the security pin for both to be added to my vin which they did and then the tech was unable to program both to work. I was able through the use of the alphaOBD II program the remote start and it works not sure why the tech couldn't get it going with his Wi-Tech software in terms of the folding mirror my build sheet now shows this feature as dealer added however the alphaOBD II was unable to SET this feature even though all the correct hard parts in place. My question is there a possibility that the Wi-Tech won't be able to add the folding mirror option to my 2012 Dodge RAM 2500 cummins simply because that option was not available for that year truck however if you had access to the the Wi-Tech Vpod and the Chrysler CDA engineering software you could in fact enable that feature? It's my understanding some have been able to get the folding mirror option on the 2010-2012 trucks with the use of CDA it's just a bit more challenging finding someone who is familiar with this process however I would good with paying a fee for the help.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: chrysler diagnostic application software, necessary to program folding mirror opt

So after talking with a few people it was suggested i try obdlink lx using the android phone as the tool to run the software and it worked. I havent seen much posted with respect to what you can add, manipulate etc related to 2012 older trucks I was able to get folding mirrors changes headlights to HID and a few other things that I didn't think were going to be possible. These units are easy to use and no messing with the dealer which can be an added bonus for not having to spend the money.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: chrysler diagnostic application software, necessary to program folding mirror opt

Ok, I'm interested. Can you explain further? Is this just buying the mirrors from a 18-19 truck and installing them?

Thanks,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Actually you have to buy the mirrors (16+ actually) , replace either the driver or passenger door module ( going from my memory again it was the passengers but idr if you really want to pursue this I can look in my notes [on another forum and verify 100% ]), solder in 2 pins into the other one. and the mirror switch. I was able to active everything with alfaodb with the exception of the sales code that tells the pcm the mirror is flipped up ( I went from regular mirrors to tow mirrors. )

This was on a 2011 1500.

I still have the door modules ( the ones you swap in, not the ones I soldered. )

The reason I only changed one was with the ones I was told to get I had power fold but lost my auto window down. oem door module and the pins soldered in ( for power fold ) one side worked the other didn't ( again from memory ) I replaced the passenger side (I think ) and I had everything functional

If you don't want to buy oem parts the a1 auto ones are nice. But they are not as resilient af the oem ones

Also to not some of the equipment changed from 2011 to 2012 ( window switches, and iirc the door modules ) so to be honest it would be great tip know exactly what the op bought....

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post