Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: First OCI on my Goat

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

First OCI on my Goat

Well I did my first oil change on my new truck. 3094 miles and 78 hours yesterday. Spent all of today cleaning up after it. Did the oil filter through the wheel well and with the filter plug didn’t spill one drop. Poured in 3 gal. Rotella T6 15W40. Uh oh forgot to put the drain plug back in. Pulled the dipstick out and not even on the stick. Was standing on an elevated bench and looked down and thought OH SHOOT!!!! Had to make a mad dash to Wally World and get 3 more gallons. Luckily I had already greased the front drive shaft. Anyhow I thought y’all might get a laugh out of that.

2. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: First OCI on my Goat

Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    Well I did my first oil change on my new truck. 3094 miles and 78 hours yesterday. Spent all of today cleaning up after it. Did the oil filter through the wheel well and with the filter plug didn’t spill one drop. Poured in 3 gal. Rotella T6 15W40. Uh oh forgot to put the drain plug back in. Pulled the dipstick out and not even on the stick. Was standing on an elevated bench and looked down and thought OH SHOOT!!!! Had to make a mad dash to Wally World and get 3 more gallons. Luckily I had already greased the front drive shaft. Anyhow I thought y’all might get a laugh out of that.

I feel like there’s only two types of mechanics/ people who work on their own vehicles... those who ha e done this and those that will do this.

I have done that once too, on my 2010. It’s not a fun feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Laramie Graphite- pretty much stock for now.

Sold- 2010 Ram 2500 SLT- leveled, full delete.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    Well I did the same with my fuel filter last time I changed it. I forgot to close the pressure relieve/drain valve when I was priming the system back. Oh well live and learn.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well I had to laugh about it. Crying didn’t help. I’ve done it 1 time before on my tractor. It only holds a gallon and I used an empty 5 gallon bucket to drain it in so no problem with overflow. My 4 gallon pan didn’t work out too good with 6 gallons going in it.

8. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yup- I know the feeling. Changed the oil, put the plug in and filled her up. Proud of the no mess situation. Started the truck and began to back up and heard this crazy sound......

Got out to look and apparently I ran over the oil drain pan and my cell phone...

Oh well- 2 bail of straw and a trash bag took care of it. Dropped it off at the environmental recycling place. UNBELIEVABLE.

Is Wally world selling T6 in 15w-40?

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Yup- I know the feeling. Changed the oil, put the plug in and filled her up. Proud of the no mess situation. Started the truck and began to back up and heard this crazy sound......

Got out to look and apparently I ran over the oil drain pan and my cell phone...

Oh well- 2 bail of straw and a trash bag took care of it. Dropped it off at the environmental recycling place. UNBELIEVABLE.

Is Wally world selling T6 in 15w-40?

Cheers,
    Yes they are.

Got the first two gallons for 19.97 and rest have been 22.37 if I remember correctly.

Truck sounds a lot quieter.

The oil that was in it had been in there for 2 years but only had 3100 miles.

It was the oil it came from the dealer with. I’ve only had it 2 months.

I feel better with the new oil and StrataPore filter.

11. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee liked this post