Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: G56 Clutch Blown

1. Top Of Page | #1
    2012 2500 G56

User Info Menu

G56 Clutch Blown

So, about a week ago after warming up my truck before work, when I went to get in and leave I noticed a weird sound. Something was rubbing. Popped the hood, wasn't coming from there. Crawled under and couldn't really tell where it was coming from. It wasn't too bad, no grinding, so I drove off to work.

Short drive, only a few miles, stopped for diesel and it was worse, then went away. Everything seems fine for a few days.

This past Friday sound comes back on my way to work(probably about a 1/2 mile drive to my job site).

She starts slipping hard, and squealing when I depress pedal. I did a little research and seems like for sure throw out bearing.

I'm going to replace with a DD organic setup. Obviously I won't know fully until it's torn apart, but I don't have a space where I can leave my truck for a period of time.

I've never changed a clutch before, but my companies mechanic is going to help me.

Just wondering from you folks with more experience with the G56, is there anything that commonly goes out with these?

Does it sound like could be more damage than just needing a new clutch?

2012 2500 G56 ST stock

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Clutch Blown

Quote Originally Posted by keolaomakani View Post
    So, about a week ago after warming up my truck before work, when I went to get in and leave I noticed a weird sound. Something was rubbing. Popped the hood, wasn't coming from there. Crawled under and couldn't really tell where it was coming from. It wasn't too bad, no grinding, so I drove off to work.

Short drive, only a few miles, stopped for diesel and it was worse, then went away. Everything seems fine for a few days.

This past Friday sound comes back on my way to work(probably about a 1/2 mile drive to my job site).

She starts slipping hard, and squealing when I depress pedal. I did a little research and seems like for sure throw out bearing.

I'm going to replace with a DD organic setup. Obviously I won't know fully until it's torn apart, but I don't have a space where I can leave my truck for a period of time.

I've never changed a clutch before, but my companies mechanic is going to help me.

Just wondering from you folks with more experience with the G56, is there anything that commonly goes out with these?

Does it sound like could be more damage than just needing a new clutch?

2012 2500 G56 ST stock
    PM sent to better assist you.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    2012 2500 G56

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Clutch Blown

Just got my truck back from the shop, installed a South bend dual disc street 3250. So far so good, a little slipping in reverse and while pulling out, but I only have about 30 miles on it so far.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post