Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hide the MM3 display?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hide the MM3 display?

I love the display, there’s so much info, shift on the fly etc, but I want to hide it.

The pillar mount is nice, just seems overly large.

Concerned about theft & want a streamlined look.

Taking it in and out, isn’t really an option, it would have to wear on the wire port.

Any ideas? Send pics if you can.

Thought about mounting it on the inside of the sun visor, dang wire pokes out.

Also center console slide out idea, on the unusable shelf, low center of the dash.

16' Ram 2500, long bed, 3000lb toolbox, MM3 tuner, EGRless tuned by DRD, kicker 12's, viper alarm with remote start. Delete warp tunes by DRD, 12v sound, whistle sound, race pipe exhaust & 30” FTE resonator

19’ Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

2. Thanks INLINE_6 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hide the MM3 display?

Thinking a 90 degree cable connector & hinge or m lock Velcro, would go a long way.
    After running wire up to the rear view mirror, rerouted it. Needs to be on the dash level

Attached Images Attached Images
    16' Ram 2500, long bed, 3000lb toolbox, MM3 tuner, EGRless tuned by DRD, kicker 12's, viper alarm with remote start. Delete warp tunes by DRD, 12v sound, whistle sound, race pipe exhaust & 30” FTE resonator

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I’ve got mine in the upper left of the windshield.

I do have a tint strip so you can’t see it unless you’re really looking hard.

Even without the strip it’s not too noticeable. I ran my cable behind a pillar.

Center console I’ve thought about or a way to put a mount in the small pocket on by the shiftier (auto).

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I located mine in the ash tray.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

2 pieces of wood, each around 1/4” thick, makes for a great dash pocket mount. The cord will be continually a problem, until you get 90 degree adapter.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houairman View Post
    2 pieces of wood, each around 1/4” thick, makes for a great dash pocket mount. The cord will be continually a problem, until you get 90 degree adapter.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I like this....Could you drill a hole in the back of the pocket and then wire it by foot wells up and out?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I like this....Could you drill a hole in the back of the pocket and then wire it by foot wells up and out?
    Exactly. Drilled a hole for the wire, bottom right if looking at the dash. Sandwiched the 2 - 1/4” pieces, with supplied mount bolt, minus the plastic knob. Had to trim about 3/16” off the supplied bolt, then pry it in.

Poor man’s solution, but it’s what I wanted. Shoot screws in the backside of the pocket, if you like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not the best mount by far. If removed, shouldn’t reduce truck value. Holes aren’t made in noticeable areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast