Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  199
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cummins Loud Tapping Noise

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 Cummins Loud Tapping Noise

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsturbofreak View Post
    Trying to snag this truck specifically. Waiting to see if the dealer that has it will accept the case.
    Attachment 10111

It has basically the same MSRP as the 2019 Laramie.
    Nice truck!

Love the color.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Likes cumminsturbofreak, Mdavlee liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72
    Permanent Vacation cumminsturbofreak's Avatar

User Info Menu

Trying to snag this truck specifically.

Waiting to see if the dealer that has it will accept the case.

Attachment 10111

It has basically the same MSRP as the 2019 Laramie.
    Welp, the dealer just sold this truck...

I'm going to just use my local dealer, and try to have them locate a 2018 on the east coast.

If I have to take a replacement 2019/2020, I'm going to just sell it.

4. Likes Mdavlee, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Welp, the dealer just sold this truck...

I'm going to just use my local dealer, and try to have them locate a 2018 on the east coast.

If I have to take a replacement 2019/2020, I'm going to just sell it.
    That sucks.

Maybe they can find an 18 somewhere for you.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

From what I can see, all the 18s just sold before I could blink.

I have actually been thinking of ordering a replacement 2020, but with the Aisin trans and the different engine (hopefully avoiding the garbage I dealt with).

I probably will do without adaptive cruise, 12” screen, 360 cams, etc. to go with the longhorn trim as well.

I like both black/brown and white/brown combos down below. Which one do you guys think is better?

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

I have actually been thinking of ordering a replacement 2020, but with the Aisin trans and the different engine (hopefully avoiding the garbage I dealt with).

I probably will do without adaptive cruise, 12” screen, 360 cams, etc. to go with the longhorn trim as well.

I like both black/brown and white/brown combos down below. Which one do you guys think is better?
    I like the black but I’m partial because I have a black truck. LOL.

The white will be cooler in the summer time. Black is really hard to keep clean IMO.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes cumminsturbofreak liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

I like the white/brown combo myself.

12. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

I wish I would have seen this a couple months back , I bought a 2019 3500 on 9-10-19 and on the 10th of November it was in the shop . 5000 miles on with a lifter knock . It started knocking and would miss and sputter going down the road violently so I took it in... long story short it was at the dealer for more than 2 months until they finally decided what they were gonna do with it and get a new motor in it . I honestly didn’t want the truck anymore but they told me there was no option of buy back ... a engineer from Cummins came down and tore my old engine down in the shop once they got it out ( “to make sure it wasn’t something they were gonna have a chronic problem with”) and sure enough it was a collapsed lifter. But after reading this post I’m thinking maybe it is a problem for them

13. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsturbofreak thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jfaught13 View Post
    I wish I would have seen this a couple months back , I bought a 2019 3500 on 9-10-19 and on the 10th of November it was in the shop . 5000 miles on with a lifter knock . It started knocking and would miss and sputter going down the road violently so I took it in... long story short it was at the dealer for more than 2 months until they finally decided what they were gonna do with it and get a new motor in it . I honestly didn’t want the truck anymore but they told me there was no option of buy back ... a engineer from Cummins came down and tore my old engine down in the shop once they got it out ( “to make sure it wasn’t something they were gonna have a chronic problem with”) and sure enough it was a collapsed lifter. But after reading this post I’m thinking maybe it is a problem for them
    Welcome friend!! Seems this is starting to be an issue.

15. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jfaught13 View Post
    You know, I bought my truck on Aug 31, and it started to have problems in Nov... How similar.

I'm curious what was the build date of your truck? Maybe they had a bad batch of lifters or something.

If not, maybe I'll hold on to the 2004 for now...

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

I’m not sure but I’ll look tomorrow and see , I know it sucked and even worse when I walked in the shop and the cab is in the air and the kid working on it says “I’m sorry it’s taken so long , they should have given it to the actual diesel mechanic here . This is my first time working on a diesel much less doing something like this but I’ll get it eventually” word for word that’s what he told me

18. Thanks cumminsturbofreak, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast