Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cummins Loud Tapping Noise

1. Top Of Page | #51
    Permanent Vacation cumminsturbofreak's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 Cummins Loud Tapping Noise

@16 Cummins
    I won't LOL.

I'm going to send dashcam vid of me dropping it off (22nd) and me testing it (26th). I'll also send pictures of engine apart to prove there was something wrong and show just how long it took.

After this situation is over, I will not purchase a new 2019+ truck from FCA again. And since I don't like V8 diesels, I'll be driving either a 2004 or 2018 Cummins for as long as I can.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Here in NC its called wiretapping.

You can record video all day without consent but if you add in audio consent is required unless you are in a public setting.

Pretty sure that doesnt mean at the stealership.

Gotta check wiretapping laws for your state.

Course a public suit over information looks realy bad on a dealer..... they would loose a lot of trust over that.

4. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #53

I thought your truck is private/personal property. Kinda like having a video doorbell at home, the dash cam is there to protect your personal property. You can use the footage in an accident for witness purposes just the same as footage in your home for home intruder. GET em. I hope you get a new 2018!

6. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coryscummins View Post
    I thought your truck is private/personal property. Kinda like having a video doorbell at home, the dash cam is there to protect your personal property. You can use the footage in an accident for witness purposes just the same as footage in your home for home intruder. GET em. I hope you get a new 2018!
    I've recently found the issue isn't the video, but rather the audio.

I AM going to get a sign somewhere in my vehicles with dash cams so I can avoid any unknown legal ramifications in the future.

I hope Chrysler just calls to settle with me, but they've been a-holes so far so...

7. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Today, I got a call from my FCA case manager. I assume she heard about NCDS because she was a lot nicer this time.

She called to confirm if I would be fine with a vehicle replacement. She said the "next step" is going forward. No specific details yet though. She said she will get a response early next week (I guess from her superiors).

I have my fingers crossed.

9. Thanks watersupply189, Mdavlee thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #56

Time to start shopping!

11. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsturbofreak View Post
    Today, I got a call from my FCA case manager. I assume she heard about NCDS because she was a lot nicer this time.

She called to confirm if I would be fine with a vehicle replacement. She said the "next step" is going forward. No specific details yet though. She said she will get a response early next week (I guess from her superiors).

I have my fingers crossed.
    Good deal.

Hopefully you can find what you’re looking for in an 18.

13. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Got a call on 1/27/2020, and my case manager stated she has not gotten a response. Because of that, I sent in the the documentation, videos, and pictures to NCDS via express mail.

Got another today from my case manager. She said she "wanted to give me the opportunity to drive the truck" to "see if it is to my satisfaction."

Oh hell no. That's a good way to say that I accepted the truck, since it would be driven off the lot with the ticket closed.

I told her that I do not accept it regardless because it is considered a lemon in Florida. She asked what I would be comfortable with, and I said at least a vehicle replacement. She told me she would have to call me back... At least she's not being a b*tch anymore.

They are making wait to push me around, but that's not going to happen. The truck is 2x a lemon with it being out of service for more than 60 days.

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #59

Now we’re talkin!

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

my trannyw went at 60-70 thousand miles. the stealership kept it for 92 days i think. anyway i had to call and threaten to get a lawyer or some mess before they would finish it (truck was sitting up on the lift the whole time with no tranny under it) when i got it and reviewed the ticket they had modified the days somehow. ticket said they had it for about a week,,,,,,,

19. Likes watersupply189, Electrojake liked this post
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast