Thanks Thanks:  168
Likes Likes:  430
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: City Diesel Actuator for 2013+ Cummins 6.7L

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Update on the actuator. Still going strong and I never heard the turbo de-spool while running down the highway till now.
    I will say, it does actuate the vanes way more during warm up. If the exhaust brake is on, I get the vanes being oscillate as thou they are in engine warm up mode when ever I am stopped until the engine temp reaches above 170. Seems to help the warm up time, but no problems.
    I think the new actuator may even be helping to keep the filters clean.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Great feedback, thanks!

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

This thread is a God send. I’ve literally been talking with Ray with DRD about my troubles since the spark plug unit showed. My codes are P00AF and P0542. Looks like I’ve narrowed one problem down to the actuator. Do you mind posting instructions or can some one direct me to a how to thread of how to install one of these. Will be buying from geno as soon as they arrive back in stock.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Before you buy, check to make sure the gear that the actuator moves on the turbo is free. ***THIS CANNOT BE RETURNED***

Drain the coolant
    Remove the four 5mm Allen-head bolts holding the actuator to the turbo.
    Check to make sure the gear that the actuator moves on the turbo is free.
    Separate the actuator shell by removing the 4 torx bit screws holding it together.
    Join our actuator to your gearbox with the included screws. (It is very important that the turbo be completely dry before installing the new actuator.If not, and the circuit board is fried, we WILL void the warranty)
    Bolt the assembly back on to your turbo with the included new 5mm Allen-head bolts.
    Replace the coolant.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Before you buy, check to make sure the gear that the actuator moves on the turbo is free. ***THIS CANNOT BE RETURNED***

Drain the coolant
    Remove the four 5mm Allen-head bolts holding the actuator to the turbo.
    Check to make sure the gear that the actuator moves on the turbo is free.
    Separate the actuator shell by removing the 4 torx bit screws holding it together.
    Join our actuator to your gearbox with the included screws. (It is very important that the turbo be completely dry before installing the new actuator.If not, and the circuit board is fried, we WILL void the warranty)
    Bolt the assembly back on to your turbo with the included new 5mm Allen-head bolts.
    Replace the coolant.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Can the MM3 calibrate the actuator?

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS View Post
    Can the MM3 calibrate the actuator?
    If you purchase the one from Geno’s made by City Diesel there is no calibration required.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

@Geno's Garage actuator for 13+ are on back order till the 6th.

Went ahead and placed my order. 925$ give or take.

Called them up they said it’s a fairly new product, so let’s hope all goes as smooth as the original poster enjoyed.

9. Top Of Page | #18
    I have not seen this option before. Do you have any experience with it?

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Running it now. Works really well and needs no calibration.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

12. Thanks watersupply189, timshooter40 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20
    Did it come with replacement orings for the half shell or did you have to get them separately?

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast