Thanks Thanks:  168
Likes Likes:  430
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: City Diesel Actuator for 2013+ Cummins 6.7L

1. Top Of Page | #131

User Info Menu

Re: City Diesel Actuator for 2013+ Cummins 6.7L

Happy to hear good results!

I ordered mine a few weeks ago but it's backordered until next week.

Can't wait for mine to show up!

I'll have new Big Bang .75 stage injectors and probably a rebuilt transmission by the time mine shows up.

2. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #132

User Info Menu

I got home from a hunting trip and the actuator I ordered from cumminsdieselfreak was at the house.

This thing looks very well made.

Installed as per instructions as to not void the warranty and less than 2 hrs later I was taking my truck for a drive.

No codes no leaks nothing but a working VGT. Turbo feels 10 times more responsive than factory actuator.

More than satisfied with this actuator.

Picked up my son from school had the windows rolled down first stop light engine brake kicked in and the smile on his face when he knew I had my truck fixed.

He said that noise is one of the finest sounding sounds there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #133

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald636 View Post
    I got home from a hunting trip and the actuator I ordered from cumminsdieselfreak was at the house.

This thing looks very well made.

Installed as per instructions as to not void the warranty and less than 2 hrs later I was taking my truck for a drive.

No codes no leaks nothing but a working VGT. Turbo feels 10 times more responsive than factory actuator.

More than satisfied with this actuator.

Picked up my son from school had the windows rolled down first stop light engine brake kicked in and the smile on his face when he knew I had my truck fixed.

He said that noise is one of the finest sounding sounds there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update, pleased to hear all went well.

Mine is on back order with DDP but I am excited to receive and install.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #134

User Info Menu

Got mine installed yesterday.

Thank you again DDP.

Instead of removing the grill I ended up removing the driver's side inner fender so I could access the radiator drain.

Easy access to the plastic 16mm drain and decent access to get a small hose on the drain barb.

Didn't spill a drop.

The actuator install went smooth.

I used a small 5mm allen bit and 1/4 wrench to get the bottom left bolt.

-2017 RAM 2500 QCSB 68RFE Laramie - Silver/ Sport appearance package
    -SOLD: 2011 ram 2500 QCSB G56. CAT/DPF/EGR/COOLER= Deleted

7. Top Of Page | #135

Interesting!

So I have DRD tunes on a MM3 and noticed after I had my actuator replaced with a City Diesel actuator that the whistle tune was noticeably quieter.

I wasn't sure it was even on.

It seems i've found the answer now based on this thread and I must admit I am a bit sad.

I am local to City Diesel so I just stopped by their shop to let them install the new actuator.

Outside of not having a whistle tune any more, I am very happy with how the truck drives now with a working actuator!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrodusmc View Post
    Again, City Diesel said that the Whistle tune is not supported. But just to let it be known, the actuator is working great, it is more responsive. I am not sure but my EB does feel quicker and stronger. my tunes are also working well as well as the 12V and Lope. I can live with a working engine that is breathing way better and no whistle tune That was what I was after with the actuator and the weight loss. One thing I did notice was that once I took some weight off, I did not have actuator codes come on. May have been able to go without replacing the actuator for awhile but it was coming I think. Also, I noticed that I have codes actuator codes and FIW codes when I was near the beach.

This is what City Diesel emailed me. "You are correct the sound tune is what is causing your problem. Our actuator uses a different vane strategy than the oem actuator and does not support "sound" tunes. The reason for this is in order to provide a faster throttle response our actuator commands the vanes further open than OEM when your not in exhaust brake territory, and when you cross into exhaust brake range it will move faster to catch up and provide good exhaust brake power. This sound tune appears to command the vanes at idle to the exact spot where this crosses and causes a problem."

They also told me not to run the whistle tune.

Here is what freaked me out when I replaced the Actuator.

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #136

User Info Menu

The turbo actuators from City Diesel, and everyone they supply, are on a rolling back order for a month or better.

Sure, I can let my truck sit a month waiting for parts, NOT!

I noticed there are actuators available on fleabay that state they are also plug n play and half the price for City Diesels.

There are actuators available from circuit board medics that are not plug n play but they will send you a device that will calibrate the actuator.

Has anyone used these options and if you did, how did it work?

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Gerald636 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #137

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminski View Post
    The turbo actuators from City Diesel, and everyone they supply, are on a rolling back order for a month or better.

Sure, I can let my truck sit a month waiting for parts, NOT!

I noticed there are actuators available on fleabay that state they are also plug n play and half the price for City Diesels. There are actuators available from circuit board medics that are not plug n play but they will send you a device that will calibrate the actuator.

Has anyone used these options and if you did, how did it work?
    @KJC installed one from Circuit Board Medics in February.

You may want to PM him for a review if he doesn’t reply.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks Cumminski thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, Gerald636 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #138

User Info Menu

I got one from circuit board medics.

Straightforward installation and calibration.

Excellent service as I had called and left a message with a question Sat evening, and they called me back on Sunday.

No complaints.

14. Thanks AK Bob, Cumminski thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #139

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJC View Post
    I got one from circuit board medics.

Straightforward installation and calibration.

Excellent service as I had called and left a message with a question Sat evening, and they called me back on Sunday.

No complaints.
    Thanks for the reply.

I assume the actuator is working as it's supposed to?

16. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #140

User Info Menu

Yes, so far, so good!

18. Thanks Cumminski thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Cumminski liked this post
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast