Okay, got to test drive last night. Forgot how nice the truck drove.

The exhaust brake worked when needed and the boost built quick and often. I also have to say that the exhaust brake worked really well and never seemed to hang too long.

More info on the unit. The gear housing was also bigger on this unit and the wire mount hole is no longer there. No problem with a few zip ties. I like the larger housing as it probably allows for more coolant and better cooling of the unit.

Before you spend the money, make sure to check your turbo. The vane lever must move full range and the mounting surface needs to be flat or at least rust free. Mine had some pitting and rust that I got rid of using a red abrasive cleaning disk. I had a small hump where the old seal set but I used my favorite gasket sealant to ensure a leak free use. I used the new version of the hylomar blue. Best stuff in the world as it never full hardens but still seals even if the gasket splits.

If you are looking for a new actuator, pass on the rebuilds and buy this one. It should last way longer, respond faster and be better than factory.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk