Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Coolant Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Coolant Issue

The other night on my drive home I got a “Perform Service” message pop up on my dash, no Check engine light or any other lights on the dash. I assumed CCV but when I scanned the code at at home it was a P2560 Engine coolant low. (My batteries are due for a change, hence the P2509). I’ve been emissions upgraded for 80k KM but haven’t removed the EGR. I’m about to get to that here soon and want to drain and fill my coolant. My reservoir has the DexCool sludge build up and I want to clean the system and maybe even switch away from DexCool. I know the truck takes OAT coolant but what’s the difference between OAT and DexCool? Can you switch to another OAT or does it need DexCool? Also what’s the best way to flush the system to eliminate the sludge build up? Truck has 110k KM on the Odometer.

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant Issue

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    The other night on my drive home I got a “Perform Service” message pop up on my dash, no Check engine light or any other lights on the dash. I assumed CCV but when I scanned the code at at home it was a P2560 Engine coolant low. (My batteries are due for a change, hence the P2509). I’ve been emissions upgraded for 80k KM but haven’t removed the EGR. I’m about to get to that here soon and want to drain and fill my coolant. My reservoir has the DexCool sludge build up and I want to clean the system and maybe even switch away from DexCool. I know the truck takes OAT coolant but what’s the difference between OAT and DexCool? Can you switch to another OAT or does it need DexCool? Also what’s the best way to flush the system to eliminate the sludge build up? Truck has 110k KM on the Odometer.
    Whatever you do, don't mix coolant. When I used to be a tech, we had a coolant system flush machine. It used the new coolant to push the old coolant out of the system.

My truck will occasionally give a coolant level low warning in cold weather.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, BraedenDore liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant Issue

Peak Final Charge is OAT and good to go.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post