Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Tunes changing at each start up

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Tunes changing at each start up

For some reason, every time that I shut the truck off and restart it, it seems to be starting up with a different tune.

If I go to the "Switch menu", it highlights the tune that it was on before shutting it down.

But my power is waaaayyy down until I choose a different power level and then go back to the one I had it on.

It's almost as if I need to resend the file every time I start the truck. I have already verified that the "send at every startup" is selected.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If so, what is the fix?

2017 Bright White Ram 2500 Limited - Thuren Overland front and rear springs and shocks, Thuren track bar, 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 0 offset Raceline wheels, 5” Stainless Jamo turbo back with muffler, EGR delete, MM3 with DRD warp tuning

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tunes changing at each start up

I think the send at every startup is only for the RT tunes - It sounds like its re sending one of the sound tunes (it could even be the normal sound tune) which will default to the 30HP tune every time it starts up.

Where at in Michigan are you?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That makes sense.

I was under the impression that it would default to the latest power level tune at each start up.

It makes sense if its defaulting to the 30HP tune at each start up.

Is this what is supposed to happen?

It's kind of a PITA if you have to change the tune every time you start the truck.

I am located in Howell.

2017 Bright White Ram 2500 Limited - Thuren Overland front and rear springs and shocks, Thuren track bar, 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 0 offset Raceline wheels, 5” Stainless Jamo turbo back with muffler, EGR delete, MM3 with DRD warp tuning

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Crazy, I'm in white lake LOL.

I have mine set up to "send only once"

This is what Ray sent me - Don't use the "every key on" configuration to send an RTG file.

It causes trouble often times. Leave it "send only once".

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zx636 View Post
    That makes sense. I was under the impression that it would default to the latest power level tune at each start up. It makes sense if its defaulting to the 30hp tune at each start up. Is this what is supposed to happen? It's kind of a PITA if you have to change the tune every time you start the truck.

I am located in Howell.
    I have mine set at 120HP and it defaults to what I set it at on every startup.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I have mine set at 120HP and it defaults to what I set it at on every startup.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    That is how I thought it was supposed to work.

Now I'm wondering why mine doesn't work that way.

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Crazy, I'm in white lake LOL.

I have mine set up to "send only once"

This is what Ray sent me - Don't use the "every key on" configuration to send an RTG file. It causes trouble often times. Leave it "send only once".
    Thank you for that information. I will change mine as I don't want to run into issues.

I'm surprised I haven't seen your truck around.

Good looking truck!

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My MM3 used to revert back to the base tune.

Now with updated switch tuning it stays on whatever tune it was last set at.

Yours should be the same with switch tuning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    My MM3 used to revert back to the base tune.

Now with updated switch tuning it stays on whatever tune it was last set at.

Yours should be the same with switch tuning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I definitely have the switch tuning.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Like said before mine saves power setting automatically.

RT/Sound files have the send once or send at key on.

That is as of about a year and a half ago.

Is your update/tunes more recent than that?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast