Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGR Delete Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR Delete Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor

Hey I have a 1015 ram 2500. I did the EGR... well trying to do the EGR delete and I've run into a problem.

The exhaust pressure sensor is right in the way of the coolant bypass hose any suggestions?

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor

I had the same issue on my 2014.

I had to insert a spacer nut between the EGR kit supplied bracket and the exhaust pressure sensor bracket.

Still a tight fit but has been working well.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189, timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Just to keep everything in one place.

15 6.7 cummins egr delete bracket
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Just curious but, do you even need that EGR exhaust pressure sensor ? I have the 2014 just finished, and had the same issue with it being in the way, I also used a spacer but that sensor tube seems to crowd my transmission dip stick and makes it crowded, ....seems we can remove it and plug the manifold.........?????

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue City View Post
    Just curious but, do you even need that EGR exhaust pressure sensor ? I have the 2014 just finished, and had the same issue with it being in the way, I also used a spacer but that sensor tube seems to crowd my transmission dip stick and makes it crowded, ....seems we can remove it and plug the manifold.........?????
    Yes, since installing mine it’s been revealed on the 13-18 models, the exhaust back pressure sensor can be unplugged and removed.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Might want to double check with your tuner? I know it can be removed yes for sure, but I think at one time the tuning had to accommodate if it was in use, or removed. That could of changed though.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Might want to double check with your tuner? I know it can be removed yes for sure, but I think at one time the tuning had to accommodate if it was in use, or removed. That could of changed though.

Hmmmm, something to check for sure, I do feel it won't be an issue only because I had it unplugged at the electrical connection and did not get any kind of error or code.......not sure if that relevant but thank you !

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hmmmm, something to check for sure, I do feel it won't be an issue only because I had it unplugged at the electrical connection and did not get any kind of error or code.......not sure if that relevant but thank you !
    Yeah it's probably fine that was many moons ago that what I'm talking about was a thing. LOL

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I have a full delete DPF and EGR.

I've replaced the exhaust pressure sensor twice and took the tube and cleaned both still throws code up exhaust pressure to high bank a on my 2011 dodge 3500 idk what else to do?

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes, since installing mine it’s been revealed on the 13-18 models, the exhaust back pressure sensor can be unplugged and removed.

Hey Bob, how sure are you on this?

I have an 18 and hate that damn thing being in the way and would love to have it gone.

@DRD?

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast