Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Combining Lift kit question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Combining Lift kit question

Hopefully I don’t stir up too much hate or disappointment with this post... I swear I’m not that typical @**hole that just wants a ‘hellaflush’ truck LOL.
    So I recently installed Superlift’s 4” Radius arm lift with the optional Fox 2.0 Shocks. Before this, I had the rough country 2.5” level lift (I know, rough country, spacers, how could I?). Well I’m definitely not a fan of the rake look and prefer to at least be level or (can’t wait to disgust with this part) even a tad higher on the front

I’m currently on 35x12.5 Toyo MT’s on 20x9 -18 Procomp wheels. Used to rub a tad with the level lift, now no rubbing. Well, here’s the big question, I want to throw on some 37’s... the 35’s look like you are attempting leg day but your giving up LOL and I didn’t want 37’s on a 6” lift because I honestly feel that the 6” is too tall for that tire size IMO.
    What should I do? I’m only worried about the front and want to gain 1.5-2”... Should I make everyone hate me and run a spacer? Can the 4” kit handle this without any other needs? Will caster adjustment still fall into spec? Trac bars? So many questions
    I mainly went with Superlift for the Radius arms...the things are freaking awesome! I’m not pushing away the idea of finding a front spring and taller shocks if that is also an option... Just looking to see what some of you that have been around these situations might suggest.

And sorry if I am just ruining the truck culture with this post, we all love our trucks a certain way and mine may be different than an average Cummins owner.

Appreciate the reads, have a good one!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Combining Lift kit question

Sorry for being that guy that started a new thread about a similar topic. I did see that post, I just was wondering if there was a certain way to go with either bigger coil springs, shocks, and then if I DID have to resort to a spacer, what’s the difference between spacing the current lift vs stock? Which I’d assume would be there isn’t room for that kind of adjustment but then that confuses me because there is when stock.. So it was more of a post to see if anyone has done something with this kit style specifically to rid of the front rake and be able to fit a 37. I apologize if that is kind of a lot to put in there and completely understand if someone hasn’t tried that combo, I could always be the first guinea pig on it LOL
    If I did want to go with a bigger spring is this a question I should have more towards a local shop/vendor? I’m just trying to be descriptive and helpful if others are having the same questions

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Combining Lift kit question

Quote Originally Posted by devzw3 View Post
    Sorry for being that guy that started a new thread about a similar topic. I did see that post, I just was wondering if there was a certain way to go with either bigger coil springs, shocks, and then if I DID have to resort to a spacer, what’s the difference between spacing the current lift vs stock? Which I’d assume would be there isn’t room for that kind of adjustment but then that confuses me because there is when stock.. So it was more of a post to see if anyone has done something with this kit style specifically to rid of the front rake and be able to fit a 37. I apologize if that is kind of a lot to put in there and completely understand if someone hasn’t tried that combo, I could always be the first guinea pig on it LOL
    If I did want to go with a bigger spring is this a question I should have more towards a local shop/vendor? I’m just trying to be descriptive and helpful if others are having the same questions
    I guess I'm not understanding your question. If you want to stack lifts, you can...it's just not recommended.

In terms of eliminating rake, keep in mind that your truck is raked for payload reasons....eliminating that rake will decrease your payload rating.

For reference, I'm putting 37s on my 5th gen with a 3.25" Carli lift and I will not be stacking lifts or eliminating the rake.

So you don't need more height to clear 37s if that's your only goal.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post