Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: MM3 tuner question

1. Top Of Page | #1

MM3 tuner question

I know it’s best if I wait till I put the tuner on the truck before removing any hard parts. I have another truck to drive so would it hurt to go ahead and remove my exhaust and stuff and get the big projects out of the way? Would it have any problem when I go to hook the tuner up for the first time? Trying to get a head start and get everything off the truck and all I have to do is put new back on once everything arrives. It’s in my shop till it gets completed either way. Thanks for the help

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 tuner question

There’s no harm if you don’t need it to work right away. I always made sure electronics worked first but I only had one truck and a 2nd car so if I needed the truck anytime soon I waited.

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Ok thanks. I didn’t know if it would have any problems with getting the tuber synced if I already had the egr delete and throttle delete completed before installing the tuner

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

MM3 tuner question

Quote Originally Posted by Bamawes2015 View Post
    Ok thanks. I didn’t know if it would have any problems with getting the tuber synced if I already had the egr delete and throttle delete completed before installing the tuner
    The preferred method is to install and verify the tuner first.

However no harm installing the hard parts first.

The tuner will do its thing either way. Just keep in mind you won’t be able to drive the truck with hard parts removed if for some odd reason the tune does not install.

Also make sure you keep the batteries charged up ready to install your tunes.

Correction: Uninstall not installing the hard parts.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

i allays tune before deleting to prevent hard coding the ecm ... never had an issue with see dealer message ..
    i know other shops constantly having the issue... and they typically tune at the end.

08 r2500 quad cab 4x4 - Ugly Betty
    Deleted, AFE , 5" strait pipe , DRD Tuned
    68RFE, bonded, pressure kit , Drum, Chanel plate, ultra tight tripple
    Carli 2.5" King Shocks, Full Deaver rear
    F/R 4340 shafts, locked up, Freespin, 4.10's
    17" Icon Rebound Pros w/ 37" Baja Pro's
    IronCross bumpers F/R, 12k winch, BedSlide, Canopy , etc.

10. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What kind of tuner do you recommend for a 3500 with Aison tranny?