Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 4th Gen upper interior swap?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4th Gen upper interior swap?

Hello everyone! So this may be a random question and to some may sound pointless but coming from many performance vehicles before getting my 2018 Laramie, I’ve been used to an all black interior including pillars and headliner. Once the 5th gens came out, I was upset they now include this on the trucks. So my question is, would anyone know if the A, B, C pillars and some misc plastics will swap over between trucks? I know I could get the headliner done at an upholstery shop but I’d rather not paint the pillars and have them purchased black. If I could do this interior swap, my truck would be a 10/10 for me vs a 9.5/10 LOL
    If not, looks like I’d have to consider paint
    Thank you in advance for any replies!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen upper interior swap?

Cabs are the same to the best of my knowledge.

But it would be significantly more cost effective for you to dye your current pieces.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sounds about what I have been thinking. The only thing that worries me with painting/dying them is it wearing off on the handles etc where people use frequently (I guess I’m the only one that can get into my truck without grabbing something for dear life LOL) but maybe a product from SEM or so would work. I’ll keep doing research into that. I appreciate the reply!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Do what the Jeepers do.

Wrap your grab handles with 550 cord.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The SEM vinyl dye is pretty legit. I've used it many times with excellent results. I've seen some GM cars that appear to have dyed plastics from the factory. Id have no reservations whatsoever about using their vinyl dye. You kind of have me thinking about doing the same thing now! My interior is black except the a pillars and headliner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

6. Likes SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post