Thanks Thanks:  73
Likes Likes:  250

Thread: 2011 Holset HE351VE possible actuator issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 Holset HE351VE possible actuator issue

I am starting to believe the actuators fail as they get warm. My EB would stop working for awhile after using it with high idle to warm up the truck in the winter. I am starting to think this is where the issue begins.
    I also don't like the fact that if i buy a 'new' unit they want mine back as a core, seems kinda sketchy as to why they fail.
    I have sent a message to Geno's about the unit they sell for the 2013 and up as my truck is a 2013 and actuators cost twice as much as those for your truck. And yes, i have reset my actuator by pulling it. The lever was a little sticky but freed up quick with a little moving. The truck acted way better for about two starts.

Also, have you run a desoot on your truck yet? It seems that has the effect of helping to free up the VGT.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 Holset HE351VE possible actuator issue

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    I am starting to believe the actuators fail as they get warm. My EB would stop working for awhile after using it with high idle to warm up the truck in the winter. I am starting to think this is where the issue begins.
    I also don't like the fact that if i buy a 'new' unit they want mine back as a core, seems kinda sketchy as to why they fail.
    I have sent a message to Geno's about the unit they sell for the 2013 and up as my truck is a 2013 and actuators cost twice as much as those for your truck. And yes, i have reset my actuator by pulling it. The lever was a little sticky but freed up quick with a little moving. The truck acted way better for about two starts.

Also, have you run a desoot on your truck yet? It seems that has the effect of helping to free up the VGT.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    Following this, please keep us updated.

What software will you use to calibrate the actuator on the 2013?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post